Ratings problem and cache query (1 Viewer)

pauls67

Portal Member
March 13, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a couple of queries

1, Has anything changed with the trakt site regarding ratings, just been looking at my history and it seems that non of the ratings from MP over the last few days have been uploaded (it prompts me to rate at end of show) this is for tv recordings and my own shows, watched status is working fine for these

Unfortunatly I didn't have logging enabled, but this is my log file for this morning if it shows anything (ncis S2 E4 was the last full show I watched/rated (recorded tv)

2, If items fail to sync with trakt are they synced and done later (my own videos and recorded tv), I was watching a few shows yesterday from the trakt watchlist folder, on the last one instead of getting a prompt to rate it I got a timeout error from trakt, this show never appeared on the site (understand this was probably a site issue, but how is such a thing handled)

Thanks for any info
Paul

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    1, Has anything changed with the trakt site regarding ratings, just been looking at my history and it seems that non of the ratings from MP over the last few days have been uploaded (it prompts me to rate at end of show) this is for tv recordings and my own shows, watched status is working fine for these

Unfortunatly I didn't have logging enabled, but this is my log file for this morning if it shows anything (ncis S2 E4 was the last full show I watched/rated (recorded tv)
    Hey pauls67,

Unfortunately I will need debug logging enabled to know for sure on that question but I can see from the log that the server did not insert the rating even though it was sent (but need debug logging enabled to find out what was sent and determine if its a server or client bug). Most likely server since its only over the last few days.

Code:
    [Rate][11]: Sync Response: {"added":{"episodes":0,"movies":0,"people":0,"seasons":0,"shows":0}
    [Rate][35]: Sync Response: {"added":{"episodes":0,"movies":0,"people":0,"seasons":0,"shows":0}
    If it was successful in adding the ratings to your history you would see the episodes count equal to 1 for each of the responses above.

2, If items fail to sync with trakt are they synced and done later (my own videos and recorded tv), I was watching a few shows yesterday from the trakt watchlist folder, on the last one instead of getting a prompt to rate it I got a timeout error from trakt, this show never appeared on the site (understand this was probably a site issue, but how is such a thing handled)
    That depends, if you have syncing enabled then any plugins that support syncing will always fill any gaps in your watched history, ratings, collection etc. This does not apply to TV Recordings, OnlineVideos or Live TV though. With the other plugins there is a database to retrieve what and when something happened so I can determine gaps during sync. Maybe there is something for TV Recordings / Live TV that can be poked to get information of past activities but that would not include things like ratings which it doesn't natively support.

What I could do and have thought of doing for plugins like these is keep a record of what was watched and rated if it fails, that way during sync of these plugins those particular items could be retried.

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Many thanks for the info

I have just finished watching another recording and the ratings didn't sync either, so will get the logging on and get the logs for you (this seems to happen all the time at the moment)

Cheers for confirmation on syncing, I have it set to keep in sync, so my local content should eventually catch up on itself it something fails, wasn't sure on the tv side of things so nice to know how this works, have just been manually putting missing items in when I notice them, don't get it that often, perhaps couple of times a week, occasionally I check the logs and notice things like 'server at capacity'

I think my late time peak viewing is when the US start watching evening TV, so server gets a good hammering

Cheers for help
    I will get the logs to you
    Paul[DOUBLEPOST=1428494149][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi,
    Here are the complete log files
    approx. 12:50 I rated the show as 7 stars, end of recording, on trakt I see I watched it (Supernatural 9.14) but no ratings shown
    Cheers

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks pauls67,

I can see the problem and looks to be a plugin issue:
    Code:
    [Rate][35]: Rating Supernatural as 7/10
    [Rate][09]: Address: http://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/sync/ratings, Post: {"episodes":[{"ids":null,"number":14,"season":9,"title":"Supernatural","rated_at":"2015-04-08T11:48:59Z","rating":7}]}
    [Rate][09]: Response: {"added":{"movies":0,"shows":0,"seasons":0,"episodes":0}

This would typically work if you finished watching something in MP-TVSeries and then rated it because the episode ids would be set, it does not work in this case because when there is no episode ids set ("ids":null) you need to also send the tv show object.

I will fix this up for next release but give you a test dll before that so you can confirm.

pauls67

Portal Member
    March 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks,
    Just trying a show now, will let you know soon[DOUBLEPOST=1428496973][/DOUBLEPOST]Just watched an episode of ncis (this was a series not working before)
    The episode I just looked at worked perfectly, ratings and watched status both posted to trakt
    the change you made has done the job

Is it ok for me to keep that new dll in place or should I put original back (don't want future upgrades to break)

Many Thanks for the quick response

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it ok for me to keep that new dll in place or should I put original back (don't want future upgrades to break)
    You can keep using the test dll, future upgrades will be no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom