RC 1.3 won't play XVID files (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
I know this has been flagged by someone else but I have tried fiddling with the available codecs but cannot get RC 1.3 to play XVID files. I assume it must be something really obvious, but as I was able to play them OK with 1.2.3 I am now flummoxed - esp as so many of my files are XVID or DIVX.
any help appreciated.

Neil

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I uploaded them with the post. here they are again

Try LAV video decoder please. Thanks!
    After you have done that and it still doesn't work you can post logs again.

Log says:
    Code:
    PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - C:\Users\TV\Videos\Local Videos\Drama\Dancing On The Edge.pt4.hannibal.avi - skipping track!
    Failed filter: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest) not found

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    please try to play your C:\Users\TV\Videos\Local Videos\Drama\Dancing On The Edge.pt4.hannibal.avi in GraphStudioNext and post graph screenshot here

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Sorry, thought it was set to LAV. Rechecked in Settings within MP Client and the new logs and graph attached. Since upgrading to 1.3 i cannot play any AVIs that all worked fine under 1.2.3. Only improvement seems to be that I can now play MKVs of Blu-Rays without stuttering

Attachments

• dancing.jpg
      dancing.jpg
      25.6 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, thought it was set to LAV. Rechecked in Settings within MP Client and the new logs and graph attached. Since upgrading to 1.3 i cannot play any AVIs that all worked fine under 1.2.3. Only improvement seems to be that I can now play MKVs of Blu-Rays without stuttering

Thank you! :)
    I see you are using DirectVobSub. Can you try to disable it and then play again in MediaPortal.

beatnut88

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks. Bit of a mystery for the average punter. Had a look for DirectVobSub in task manager to no avail. Then went into settings and saw that the audio codec for everything was Direct Sound. Changed it to speakers and now the avi files play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom