MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Soundgraph IMON IPAD
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Getting a lot of crashes since the installation of 1.0 RC1. Typically, MP is crashing when it starts to play a video. Logs attached. Notice lots of these errors occurring, which seem to be associated with video play being stopped (ie cleanup of VMR 9), and not necessarily directly involved in the crash:

2008-04-22 14:55:37.127568 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception while releasing COM object (NULL) - stacktrace: at DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.ReleaseComObject(Object obj)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.CloseInterfaces()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR7.Stop()
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.doStop(Boolean keepTimeShifting, Boolean keepExclusiveModeOn)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Stop()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.OnActionHandler.Invoke(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    It looks like I was suffering the same bug that had already been reported regarding mkv's with subtitles and either no vsfilter installed, or Haali not set to auto load vsfilter. I had recently installed autogk and inadvertantly selected the option to install vobsub. This basically screwed my existing vsfilter install. Uninstall vobsub, uninstall and re-install vsfilter and it all works again. No more crashes.

I got quite familiar with filmerit, graphedit and Direct Show Filter Manager in this process. One thing I did observe in testing too. I had a buggy/old Main Concept MPEG splitter (1.0.0.29) that doesn't like the mpeg's produced by TV Server Record. It was taking about 2 minutes to open and play an mpeg file that was recorded by TV Server. I could change the merit on this splitter to lower it to be not used, and the standard Windows one to be preferred with DSF Manager. Other players (MPC) would instantly build a new graph based on the new merits, but MP required a reboot of the system to get the new filter merits to work ie a stop and restart of MP did not change the way the graphs were built. Does MP cache the Dshow filters / merits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom