RC-201 remote stops working with mediaportal ;-) (1 Viewer)

pit202

January 20, 2006
hello all,

i`m new on this forum, my english isn`t the best - so i make it short :

I have this remote controller RC-201 : http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=79302683 and the think is - it`s working with windows XP and MCE , the bad think is - this remote stops working when I run mediaportal. The remote controller is visible in windows as CyberMouse USB ( HID device ).

Can anybody give me a hint or a solution ?

regards
Piter

sodar

Portal Member
January 9, 2007
Home Country
Poland Poland
I have the same problem. After starting MediaPortal remote stops working until reboot. Please help :)

marcio_pl

April 3, 2007
Home Country
Poland Poland
rc-201

I am planning to buy this remote, but I wonder if you guys could make it work with MediaPortal?

Any ideas, anybody?

sodar

Portal Member
January 9, 2007
Home Country
Poland Poland
Solution...

The only solution i found is to disconnect, and connect again receiver to USB port. Then it works just fine, but next time you run media portal you have to reconnect it again... :mad:

marcio_pl

April 3, 2007
Home Country
Poland Poland
maybe this would work...

Sodar, maybe this would work for you... I tested here with an usb device and i could restart it from the command-line.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

First I had to find out the id of the usb device I wanted (my usb memory stick for instance), then I sent a restart command. Something like this:
Code:
C:\devcon\i386>devcon hwids USB\*

C:\devcon\i386>devcon restart @USB\VID_10*
USB\VID_10D6&PID_1100\5&33D83D18&0&2                        : Restarted
1 device(s) restarted.

After that it looked like I unplugged and plugged the usb stick again.

If it works, you just have to find a way to call it automatically after MediaPortal starts (maybe task manager or some plug-in...). If you try, let me know if it works.. :)

sodar

Portal Member
January 9, 2007
Home Country
Poland Poland
Yeah, it works. Thanks Marcio_pl :cool: .
I made simple batch file that restarts USB device 4 seconds after lunching MediaPortal.

Code:
@echo off
MediaPortal.exe
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 4 -w 1000 > nul
devcon restart USB\VID_0419* > nul

Just save it for example as Start_MP.bat in MediaPortal folder.
Devcon.exe should be somewhere in system path or in MediaPortal folder.
Start MediaPortal by clicking Start_MP icon.

Ping command is used because there's no CHOICE or SLEEP command in XP.

I don't know if VID_0419 (Vendor ID?) should be the same for everyone else. You have to check it for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
Replies
Views
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom