RC2 crashes on startup (1 Viewer)

tommybackstrom

December 28, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-08)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 8PE800 (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.2.73.23298
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 TI 4200 With Agp8x (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 8.1.9.8
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.2.252
Synopsis::

RC1 works OK, but when upgrading to RC2, MP crashes on startup.
This is the error log:
2006-02-08 18:56:33 Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.GUIPrograms
2006-02-08 18:56:33 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2006-02-08 18:56:34 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
2006-02-08 18:56:34 Exception while loading ISetupForm instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.SetupForm
2006-02-08 18:56:34 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2006-02-08 18:56:34 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
2006-02-08 18:56:34 TVDatabase exception err:The type initializer for 'SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient' threw an exception. stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient..ctor(String dbName)
at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.Open()

Anybody know a solution to my problem?
:cry:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Graphics card your trying to use is not directx9 compatible from what i can find and seems to have been designed when windows me/2000 was king. Please double check not familiar except for searches

:cry:

spoco2

Portal Member
    March 6, 2006
    The Graphics card your trying to use is not directx9 compatible from what i can find and seems to have been designed when windows me/2000 was king.

The card he has is perfectly capable of running some of the hardest working 3D games (within reason), and yet a media center won't even run on it? I find it hard to believe.

The MediaPortal manual states that any GeForce card should work... What specific DirectX 9 features are required by this app that would cause a perfectly capable card as that fail?

I'm not trying to be nitpicky... I'm just wondering what it could possibly need that the GeForce4Ti card wouldn't be able to handle?[/quote]

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    As I can see in your log there are 2 problems :

1. An exception is raised by the MyPrograms plugin.
    2. An exception is raised by SQLiteClient when reading the TV Database

First step try to disable MyPrograms plugins.
    The 2nd point is perhaps a consequence of the first but I doubt of it. Certainly a bad version of the database is in use, you'll certainly have to recreate it from the scratch (removing your tv database and reinstalling MP from scratch) Before doing this you can try to open your tvdatabase with the sqlclient from the docs folder in media portal root folder.

Good luck !

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Its a DX8.1 card so it will work fine, it will only lack slightly in performance and with that cpu it most likely wont be noticable).

gaah

March 26, 2006
    I am experiencing similar problems that Tommy is, my situation is somewhat different tho..

Whereas Tommy was using RC2 i'm using RC3, we both have the same tv card tho. I have been using RC2 for about a month or so and it was working fine, when I saw that the new RC3 was available I wanted to give that a try instead tho obviously.

After uninstalling RC2 and rebooting I also made a manual search thru the registry for any mediaportal entries and deleted all there was. Then I installed RC3, and before doing anything else extracted mediaportal-cvs-03-26-2006--01-13.rar into the MP folder and ran start.bat.

When I start MediaPortal.exe it opens the initial configuration wizard. No problems until i get to the [4/10] screen which is the scan for media one. If i start a scan and shortly after stop the scan mediaportal crashes without any error message. The very same thing happens if i skip the scanning and just press next to get to the 5th screen.

From what I can tell its SQLite related, and if im correct this wizard is supposed to create the databases but for some reason fails to do so and crashes.

I have prepared some logs which should come in handy at:
    http://gaah.mine.nu/mp/

Any help appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom