[confirm] RC3 TV server stability, recording not finished (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I can confirm this issue with the recording, with RC4, but it happened only once yet (there are a lot of records that are fine). A record of about 3 hours stopped at 50mins. Records are done on a network drive. (no standby here). I'll try to provide logs next time it happens.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will make sure that the server wakes up before the 1:55 shutdown and see if that helps.

I have tried this, but it didn't work.

Apparently, 'only allow standby between 8 and 1', actually means 'only allow going to standby between 8 and 1'. It does not wake up at 1 if it is in standby. I think it should!!!

See screen shot.

As a work around I now start an application with windows schedular at 1:45 to wake the sever 10 minutes before shutdown is initiated. Will report tomorrow.

VdR

Attachments

• screen shot 4.jpg
      screen shot 4.jpg
      340.6 KB

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Odd, very odd.

The logs show the server going to sleep at around 22:00. It did not wake at 1:45 to start the application (yes, wake to run is checked), it did not shut down at 1:55 (yes, wake to run is checked). So it totally ignored the windows schedular tasks. BUT it did wake the next day at 10:00 to start a recording :eek:.

I beleive all the trouble I see with TV server RC3 is somehow due to the power scheduler. I do not seem to be the only one having different and difficult to reproduce troubles. I disabled the power schedular for now (just boot at 7:00 and shutdown at 1:55) to see if the problems disapear. Give it a week.

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not using power scheduler anymore and it just happened again!

A program was scheduled from 20:20 to 22:20 (see EPG on screenshot 1). The info on the recorded program shows a start at 20:15 and end at 22:45 which is correct including pre- and post-recording (see recorded TV screenshot 2). But the actual recording is only about 1:31 (see screenshot 3)!

The TVlog shows the recording starting correctly at 20:15:

2010-06-18 20:15:07.609375 [scheduler thread(9)]: Scheduler: Time to record la une 20:15-22:20 Les divins secrets

It also shows the recording stopping at 22:45:

2010-06-18 22:45:08.296875 [scheduler thread(9)]: Scheduler: stop record la une 18-06-2010 20:15:08-18-06-2010 22:20:00 Les divins secrets

But since it is only 1:31 it actually stopped at around 21:46. There are all kind of things happening in the log at that time. I don't know if there is anything offending. It is where I started watching live TV. But shouldn't be a problem.

What is going wrong here?

VdR

Attachments

• screen shot 1.jpg
      screen shot 1.jpg
      165.6 KB
    • screen shot 2.jpg
      screen shot 2.jpg
      135.7 KB
    • screen shot 3.jpg
      screen shot 3.jpg
      126.3 KB

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The lacking stability of the RC3 TV server had degraded my whole h/w setup to nothing more than a fancy set of door stops (except the Zotac, this is so small and light it is no good as such).

I contemplated to go back to RC1, but since that is rather cumbersome and upgrading is so easy these days I decided to first try upgrading everything to RC4 instead. The upgrade went without any trouble.

Debugging starts from scratch, keeping my fingers crossed.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom