[solved] RC6 1039 - Volume not working (1 Viewer)

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
March 8, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just ugraded to MP 1.7 and now my volume button on my RC6 Remote no longer works as it used to. there is now no click sound when i use the volume buttons but does when i use it direct from MP and i have to press the volume up / volume down button on the remote 3 times for the volume to go down.

I have tried all sorts to try and fix this.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ugraded to MP 1.7
    Assuming you mean 1.17.

now my volume button on my RC6 Remote no longer works as it used to. there is now no click sound when i use the volume buttons but does when i use it direct from MP and i have to press the volume up / volume down button on the remote 3 times for the volume to go down.
    I'm not sure I understand it all. If I remember well and if you use our default HID input handler then MP does not set the volume itself, the system does that itself. All MP does is adjusting what is being displayed.

You will need to tell us more about your setup so we can try helping out. You should use the watch dog to reproduce your issue and then provide us the resulting logs.
    You could also tell us what kind of IR receiver you use and which remote configuration.

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
    March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Yes sorry 1.17 - was a typo

So i am using Windows 7 - i simply upgraded my MP to 1.17 and now the volume increments are not the same - before it used to click when the volume went up and down and now it doesn't.

I think the HID settings have changed and messed a few things up - i am using the Microsoft RC6 1039 with its own receiver - everything worked perfect before the MP Upgrade.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    before it used to click when the volume went up and down
    That's a possibility as before we would respond to those keys ourselves and thus click. Now we don't respond to the key itself and let the system adjust the volume for us. Instead we respond to volume change notifications from the system to display the changes on the screen.
    However volume adjustment should work just fine except maybe in situations where MP is not using the system default audio output device.

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
    March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok - its a bit annoying that it was changed now i have to hold my volume button down for ages for it to change the volume up and down - is there no way to add an option to change it back or can i add it into the HID mapping?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there no way to add an option to change it back or can i add it into the HID mapping?
    It should be possible to add it back to the HID mapping.

its a bit annoying that it was changed now i have to hold my volume button down for ages
    In theory it should have been adjusting twice as fast before as both the system and MP would have adjusted the volume. Now only the system adjusts the volume so it goes potentially slower but gives you more control.
    Maybe you can find Windows or third party solutions to your volume increment problem by doing some online search.
    Though customising the HID config seems like a valid way to get the behaviour you want.

Chris Murrell

Portal Member
    March 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok - as there is a few Mapping sections to add it in - what would be the correct one? im using the Classic version - if i use Full it goes weird.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Though customising the HID config seems like a valid way to get the behaviour you want.
    I just tested that and it works just fine.
    upload_2017-8-14_12-16-5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom