Re-import Files (1 Viewer)

W4ATL

Portal Member
September 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When TVSeries does not recognize a file on import while I am in Mediaportal a window will pop up asking to match or skip the file. What I would like to do is exit Mediaportal 1 and use MP-TVSeries to manually match the show and make any parsing corrections so it will automatically work on the next record. But when I try to import it is not there and the Details has it "imported" as the wrong unrecognized TV series name, usually the title of the TS file. If I delete that bad import from the database, leaving the file on the disk, and try to import again it still won't import. The workaround is to rename the filename and then MP-TVSeries Import will work. Is there a way to tell MP-TVSeries to reimport the file without renaming it or is renaming the file the only workaround?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @W4ATL, no you can create import rules to fix that, you got access to fix the parsing expressions, you can rename before, during or after importing, and all sorts of combination. Of course there has to be some unique identifier that can be used to automatically decide what movie that is, such as for example the folder-name, and in that case there should be a import expression you can re-use that was shared in forum thread.

Otherwise give detail examples of your folder/file structure and I can write a custom one for you.

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have been fixing the import parsing rules as this issue comes up. My question was why I can't just ESC out of the pop up window for Mediaportal when it can't parse a TV episode so i can run the TV-Series configuration program. Or re-import if it is done wrong by deleting the entry in the database. My workaround is to rename the episode so TV-Series will re-import and then I can make the selection and test parsing rules.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    What you describe is how I do it (extremely rare, because it works 99.99% of the time), so no idea what is going wrong for you. That is also why there are the skip once, and skip always options, which you can correct manually after the fact when editing. Escape for me within MP-TVSeries works fine inside GUI, and easy to test new expressions especially on a test environment with fake filenames (quick copy of structure without data).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom