rebuild of PC tonight. (1 Viewer)

bertybassett55

Portal Pro
August 16, 2006
The opreation system for my HTPC has slowly became rather large and unwheeldy. It is currently running on Vista Ulitmate and I am thinking of rolling it back to XP Pro SP3. The main reason for this decision is the supend problems I have the power scheduler and Vista.

Now my question is can I just back up the mediaportal folders then reinstall the OS and install media portal and the same SVN as before the backup and then paste over the top the back up from Vista. If this is possible it would save me from having to reinstall all the plugins/hacks/skins/etc would took over 2 weekends last time.

can you let me know whether this is possible or wheather I would need a full install each plugin/hack/skin/etc.

bertybassett55

Portal Pro
August 16, 2006
just incase any is reading this I bite the bullet and did a full reinstall. Windows XP is so much better than vista for Media Portal.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    just incase any is reading this I bite the bullet and did a full reinstall. Windows XP is so much better than vista for Media Portal.

I agree, with my dualboot system, much prefer my xp version of MP, but its one of those things that i cannot put my finger on exactly why, just seems like some little things matter.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I agree, with my dualboot system, much prefer my xp version of MP, but its one of those things that i cannot put my finger on exactly why, just seems like some little things matter.

How about XP actually works ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom