Recent CVS builds rock!!! (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Developers :)

Just wanted to say you guys are doing a kick-arse job :)

I am running pretty current CVS build and the stability is hugely improved over 0.1.3 etc - great work. (I have been running CVS builds for some time but just recently things seem to be really running well)

My setup is working and my wife isn't giving me a hard time about 'plugging the TiVo back in'!!! :)

I still have a few small-ish issues to iron out but at this point it I am feeling very happy and I wanted to share the happy thoughts :)

(...now if I could just get a better codec for sports... but that's for another post!)

ElvisMcDuck

Portal Member
    July 24, 2005
    Skedsmokorset
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I couldn't aggree more. The latest cvs have been great.
    Last week my wife chose to watch TV through MP. That is a milestone!!

So a big thank you to all the devs :D
    Keep up the good work

laeb66

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2005
    Sweden
    Wfe proof!!!

ElvisMcDuck said:
    I couldn't aggree more. The latest cvs have been great.
    Last week my wife chose to watch TV through MP. That is a milestone!!

So a big thank you to all the devs :D
    Keep up the good work

Keep up the god work...
    A god program just getting better

ps.. my wife have run MP for almost a year.. And she lovet..

Cheers

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I agree, these latest CVS versions have been really good. They run very stable and have all the features I need/want.

My wife has been through the MP experience for about a year now to, and couldn't get along with out it. She has "allowed me :)" to get the second tuner and is even pushing for a digital tuner. This is a major accomplishment, because she doesn't share the same love for "computer stuff" that I do.

Excellent work and my hat goes off to everyone involved in making MP what it is today.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    wishywashy said:
    This is a major accomplishment, because she doesn't share the same love for "computer stuff" that I do.

This is the best sign of a good piece of software!

I flat with 5 others, who aren't that bad with computers, if not a little intolerant of the slightest piece of effort involved over normal TV (every one of them groaned when I explained that you not only had to turn the physical TV monitor on, but also hit 'TV On' in MP), and even with the occasional crashes - known documented issues - they're all doing rather well.

One of them didn't realise you could pause live TV - you should have seen her eyes light up 8)

Next step is to set them up to stream TV and Video to their own computers, use the web scheduler for recordings... And so the fun continues!

Two months ago when I built up the HTPC I occasionally regretted not paying slightly more for Windows MCE - just in case - but I no longer find this to be an issue. Long live Media Portal! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom