record now and record in the future. many files vs one file (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hi
got a question if this is normal or not?

If a schedule a recordning a get one big .dvr-ms file

If a choose record now(current show) that is running at the moment, I get one .dvr-ms file and lots of small files...In the directory card1\TempSBE I also get big files and when I watch the show these dissapear and the small files in the recorded dir gets bigger!

Is this normal or should I post a bug report? I'm using a cvs built from 2 weeks ago thats really stabile with my pvr250 card

regards
//Lasse

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

What you're seeing is normal. The card1\TempSBE folder is used by the Stream Buffer Engine for timeshifting. The files you're seeing are a circular buffer which is continuously written. The amount of files depends on the timeshift buffer setting from My TV. The higher, the more files.

Kind regards,
    Michel

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    scoop said:
    Hi,

What you're seeing is normal. The card1\TempSBE folder is used by the Stream Buffer Engine for timeshifting. The files you're seeing are a circular buffer which is continuously written. The amount of files depends on the timeshift buffer setting from My TV. The higher, the more files.

Kind regards,
    Michel

So, should I get alot of files or just one?? Which behaviour is correct?

//Lasse

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Both are correct, they happen in the different circumstances. If you always want a single dvr-ms files then rather than using record now, go into the tv guide and select record instead.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    Callifo said:
    Both are correct, they happen in the different circumstances. If you always want a single dvr-ms files then rather than using record now, go into the tv guide and select record instead.

Thanks Callifo.

a little question? How do I record from the tvguide if the show aready started? If I press that show it will take me to the fullscreen.

//Lasse

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    the reason you are getting lots of smaller files is because MediaPortal is automatically using the timeshift buffer to give you any parts of the program that may have already passed before you press record.
    It's annoying that it does appear as the smaller files, but it is excellent that you can press record at the end of a one hour show and record the entire show (depending on the length of your timeshift).

Overall, it is well worth having this format with the benefits it provides.[/b]

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I only know two buttons but either right click on the program or press the yellow button on the MCE remote on the show. Then go to record, this will then come out in one big dvr-ms file.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    I use a remote, don't have a mouse

Don't have a mce remote.

Maybe the mapping of the mce button is mapped to a key.......

//Lasse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom