Record Option - First Run Only (1 Viewer)

Slugish

February 8, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm a BTV user that is trying to find a new Media / PVR solution. In comparing the solutions, and related to this topic, BTV (BeyondTV - Snapstream - out of support other than the fanastic forums) has the option to only record NEW episodes. This is flagged by the EPG data and not whether the episode is in the DB. The EPG data has a <NEW\> element (I think)) that I understand to indicate a first airing. This allows only first airings to be recorded. Since for a series you are recording all first airings, you end up with only the new shows and no repeats. If you miss one for some reason, you can use something like Genesis to go back and watch, but that is only a rare event that a recording would be missed. The advantage doing it this way is that if you pick up recording in the middle of the series, you don't record previous episodes that you've seen but don't have on your PVR.

<!ELEMENT programme (title+, sub-title*, desc*, credits?, date?,
category*, language?, orig-language?, length?,
icon*, url*, country*, episode-num*, video?, audio?,
previously-shown?, premiere?, last-chance?, new?,
subtitles*, rating*, star-rating? )>

I don't see this option when scheduling recordings in media portal, and from the other threads is looks like the episode must be in the DB to be skipped. Am I missing something? I guess if this isn't supported, I have to create a list and import into the DB as the thread notes. This requires a bit of manual work everytime for each series.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Country flag
Check out the tvwishlist plugin, that should do what you want. More powerful than tivos tvwishlist, I think it's being developed for mp2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Free text recording DE
The base products (MP1, MP2, TV Server) do not support this. But there is a user-written plugin for TV Server called TvWishList that may do some or most of what you want. I say "may" because I have not used it myself. TvWishList is discussed in this thread (135 pages!). Note: the author of TvWishList has not visited this web site...
The base products (MP1, MP2, TV Server) do not support this. But there is a user-written plugin for TV Server called TvWishList...
Hi there, I am looking to move from tvheadend to mediaportal (changing from Linux to windows server, when the new hardware...
Replies
Views
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
Replies
Views
Please check the wiki here: “show all know media items“ is the setting you have perhaps unintentionally set.
Please check the wiki here: “show all know media items“ is the setting you have perhaps unintentionally set.
I'm new to MP2 and I'm very impressed, but there's something I can't figure out. For the series that I've imported I see all...
Replies
Views
Thanks, it did not occur to me to try option 2. That works perfectly. I was definitely using option 4 previously though. I figured that it included both entries because they both had the time 2202 as start or finish times. It was weird that it treated week 1 and week 2 differently though. Anyway, thanks again.
Thanks, it did not occur to me to try option 2. That works perfectly. I was definitely using option 4 previously though. I...
I'm sure I'm not the first person to encounter this but I couldn't find a similar topic. Here's more detail about what is...
Replies
Views
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom