Recorded TV file location (1 Viewer)

enstardavid

February 10, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
Synopsis::

I am trying to record TV -> save to disc -> VCD or DVD
I think I have figured out how to Record TV (a bit hit and miss as I have not yet found any 'words' on how-to) but I cannot find the saved files.
In the Setup | Television | Recording there is a checkbox that says
[x] Add recordings to movie database
but there is nowhere to put a path to save the TV recording to.

In the Television Wizard [5/6] PVR settings it says "Recorded TV Programs storage location is configured here, ..." but there is no interface.

In the 'Console' there is an entry for 'Recorded TV' - and I can see a series of folders and dated files - all titled "Unknown".

Q1.) Hopefully I am just missing something really obvious - can anyone say how to specify where recorded TV is stored or if it is a default location - where is that?

I really need it to be on a separate drive.

Q2.) I was expecting the stored TV program to be an mpg file (true?) so I was planning on converting it to a vcd using VCDEasy - if necessary passing it through TMPG to normalize the file. Is this a sound plan? Is there an easier/better/buit-in way to do this.

Thanks for any assistance.

David

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.80GHz
Memory: 766 MB
Motherboard: D845EPT2 (Intel Corporation)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150MCE
TV Card Type: -
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Winvnc Video Hook Driver (32 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
1: You can specify the location of recorded TV in the configuration program. I'm at work right now, so I can't verify the location, but it's in configuration under Television -> Capture cards -> Edit or something like that.

2: The recorded file is DVR-MS witch is an MPEG2-format. I don't know if VCDEasy can work with that, but you can convert the recordings to standard MPEG2 in MP under Recorded TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom