Recorded TV listing is lost after reinstall (1 Viewer)

Toley

Portal Member
April 10, 2005
When I install a new version of MP without backing up the Recorded TV database, my recorded programs don't show up in MP anymore. Is there any way to get them into the database again (probably without TV-guide information).
After many new installations and upgrades I still have many recorded TV to watch in the My Recordings folder under My Documents. I'd rather watch them with Media Portal than with some other player in Windows...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    It should scan the recordings directory and automatically re-add them to the recordings page. Usually mine does this but that all have unknown names etc.

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    Config->Television->TV Channels->Backup will allow you to export this info from the old version and reimport it in the new version.
    Also, if your TV Database file is the same version, you can copy that over to the newly installed Database directory.
    I recommend the first option.

Toley

Portal Member
    April 10, 2005
    talos said:
    Config->Television->TV Channels->Backup will allow you to export this info from the old version and reimport it in the new version.
    But I did not back up the information. I only have the .dvr-ms files...

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    In that case, as a work around you can add your TV Recordings folder to your Movies folders in the Setup program. That way, you can just browse to the folder in My Movies and play your files.

Toley

Portal Member
    April 10, 2005
    It should scan the recordings directory and automatically re-add them to the recordings page. Usually mine does this but that all have unknown names etc.
    This does not seem to work to me. :?: I guess I'll be trying this again with a new release.

In that case, as a work around you can add your TV Recordings folder to your Movies folders in the Setup program. That way, you can just browse to the folder in My Movies and play your files.
    I came up with that one too. It lists the file names as a benefit to the above. I should add the dvr-ms extension to the movies extension list though. Otherwise they will not be displayed.

Thank you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom