Recorded Tv on Nas with Multiple Kodi/Mediaportal Tv Clients (1 Viewer)

dhallam

March 3, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
At them moment i have been using MP1 with the Kodi addon for live Tv that has been flawless and have had no problems. I have also tried MP2 which imports the tv guide data alot faster due to the SQL lite database so loving it so far.
The only issue im having is I have 3 HTPC computers and i have my tv buffer stored localy but i have the recorded tv goes to a UNC path onto my server 2012r2.
Now the issue is due to having local databases on each HTPC the Recorded TV does not automaticay pull in new tv shows from the share that have been completed by the other HTPC clients.
The only way to do this is to manualy run the import recorded tv data from the Media portal config app.

Surely there is a way to automate this via a script to updata the local database(s) every 30 mins or a custom time to re-check the recorded tv folder.
Also a script to remove deleted shows also.
The server is connected to all clients via wired gig networking, if anyone has and ideas as their must be a way to achive this?

Also does anyone know an easy way to convert loads of recorded TV from WMC .wtv files without haveing to manualy create the xml files, (not as much of an issue)

Any help testing or even creating a script with any programmers im fine with that.

cheers

David

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Also does anyone know an easy way to convert loads of recorded TV from WMC .wtv files without haveing to manualy create the xml files
    MP2 automatically recognizes wtv files and use them as recordings, if they are inside (one of) the Recordings Folder(s) defined in SetupTV...
    the issue is due to having local databases on each HTPC
    This also is no issue, if you are using MP2. MP2 did not use local databases so a recording (or any other media) added to the MeidiaLibrary once is automatically available on every client instantly without any further operation...

dhallam

March 3, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi im actually using Kodi on my clients with theTV Engine (TVE) side of Mediaportal as my tuners are localy on each client.
    If this is still possaible with this setup i must be missing somthing, as if i add recordings to my Server share i have to manually re-run the recorded tv import option within the MediaPortal Configuration app for the recording to be imported.

cheers

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Hi im actually using Kodi on my clients
    Kodi did not have those features. You only can use them, if you use MP2 as server and client. With Kodi your issues can not be solved (easily)...

When using Kodi only it did not really matter if you are using MP1 TV Server or MP2 Server as TV source. Only difference is, MP2 is using SQLite and MP1 is using MySQL as database backend. The possible features are identical.

dhallam

March 3, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi yes I use Kodi and all my films/series are handled by my Emby server.

Im only using media-portal for the TV server as its the most stable did try a few other but they were no way near as good as media portal.

Its a very stable product but i just need to somehow auto update the recorded tv folder :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Hi yes I use Kodi and all my films/series are handled by my Emby server.
    Very complex setup this way. You are using three completely independent systems fiddled together, only to achieve what MP2 can do by itself... This way issues are inevitable.
    And this will not be necessary in near future any more. We are implementing a DLNA server (did the same that Emby server did now for you) into MP2 server right now. As soon as it is ready you also can use MP2 Server for TV and all your Media in Kodi, BubbleUPnP or any other DLNA compliant player software (e.g. most Smart- TV), so Emby server is obsolete then. You will only need one server for Media and TV then... But the DLNA version is not complete today, so it will take some time to finish...

I'm using Kodi on devices that can not run Windows like Raspberry Pi or Android Tablets. But if it is possible to run Windows on a device I definitely prefer MP2 over any other client software...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom