MP2 - V2.3.2 Recorded TV Program Won't Delete (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP2 Version
    Before you create this bug report:
    1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
    2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
    3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
    4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
    Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
    Description: Running MP2.3.2 (Bug report needs versions update for "MP2 Version Required"). I have a 1 hour recording of a weekly program that will not Delete. This has happened a few times before, but if I wait until the next day I can delete it. But this time I have tried for 3 days to delete and nothing happens. I am using the WMC remote commands with a universal remote, everything is done through the 3 Meter interface.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Open up Recordings
    2) Move up/down to select a recording
    3) Use "Info" key on remote to bring up menu (Media Info, Set Played, Refresh, Reimport, Delete), choose Delete.
    4) Confirm Deletion
    5) Menu goes away but the recording remains

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Now I have 3 shows that can't be deleted. 2 of the shows are the same program, but recorded a week apart. I find it hard to believe, but could this issue be related to the filename? All 3 shows have longer titles than most of the other shows I record and delete.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Sorry, I didn't think something like this would show up in the Log files. Will always include logs with Bug Reports in future.

I just tried to delete these files to capture the logs but all of them deleted like normal, no delay or issue. The first one I could not delete, that I have tried at least a dozen times to delete, and as recent as Monday this week, deleted fine.

Will capture logs if/when it happens again.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    You can close it. It has continued to happen but randomly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom