[solved] Recorded TV screen (1 Viewer)

osmyth

Portal Member
March 10, 2014
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just started using MP and aMPed.
I appreciate that each of the screens follow roughly the same layout however is it possible to change the layout of a screen.

I am not bothered about backdrops and am only using MP for Live TV (may add photos later).
On the Recorded TV screen I'd like to make more use of the space:
I have made the list width = 530 so I can see as much of the program name as possible.
What would be useful is having the 'folder' icon nearer the programs (or ideally a little icon on each program line), so you can more easily see what is a recording and what is a folder.
Also for the PIP to be bigger.

Is any of this possible by editing the relevant xml file?

Thanks, Owen.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Owen - Welcome to MP and aMPed!

It is possible to change the layout, some things are easy, some require more skinning knowledge (editing skin XMLs)

I already made some improvements to TV windows for the next release - you can test the skin files I posted in the TV Search Channel position thread.
    aMPed also supports multiple layouts in many screens. In Recorded TV you can try the 'Big Icons List' layout. It might be closer to what you are looking for?

It is possible to add the folder icon to the list. I don't do that in aMPed because it is designed to support multiple screen sizes including smaller TVs in kitchen, bedroom, etc and those little icons are not easy to see. However, I can 'guide' you how to edit the skin files to add that. However, you might be happier with a different skin? Most of the other skins support that.

You can disable backdrops in aMPed Config (Backdrops Tab) - that applies to all screens but that might be fine for you if you only use Live TV?

PIP is already bigger than most skins ;) That would be the hardest change - to make it bigger - since it is global, and a nightmare to ensure it doesn't overlap anything on any window!

osmyth

Portal Member
    March 10, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Dadeo.

Yes, had disabled the backdrops.

Big Icons List looks better for me - is it possible to config that, e.g. not really interested in the time. Also assume I could change the folder icon?

Will try the xmls in the other thread.

My next problem may be a MP problem rather than aMPed.
    When I view a recording, then stop, then press Live TV (MCE Remote) it takes me to the TV Home screen (I presume), with the Live TV switched off.
    Obviously MP doesn't work with having Live TV as the underlying default position, so need to get back to that after using any menu.
    IIRC, viewing TV Guide then going back to Live TV works ok, certainly by pressing the TV Guide button again.
    I assume I just need to look at the button mapping and ensure it's consistent, and pointing at the correct Live TV window.
    (I have 'automatically turn tv on' set).

Thanks, Owen.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Big Icons List looks better for me - is it possible to config that, e.g. not really interested in the time. Also assume I could change the folder icon?
    Yes, to remove the time in Big Icon List layout in Recorded TV:
    1. Open common.facade.recordings.xml in your ' ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\aMPed' folder
    2. Go to the "album view listcontrol" section
    3. Add a line "<textvisible2>no</textvisible2>"
    So the control should look like this:
    XML:
                    <control Style="Album">
                        <description>album view listcontrol</description>
                        <type>listcontrol</type>
                        <subtype>album</subtype>
                        <id>50</id>
                        <textvisible2>no</textvisible2>
                        <font2>font12</font2>
                        <onleft>2</onleft>
                        <onright>4444</onright>
                    </control>
    The folder icon is hard coded in Recorded TV, so to change it you need to replace DefaultFolderBig.png in the aMPed\media folder. That will change it everywhere you see a default folder icon.
    Save your changes somewhere since they will be lost the next time you update/install aMPed.

My next problem may be a MP problem rather than aMPed.
    When I view a recording, then stop, then press Live TV (MCE Remote) it takes me to the TV Home screen (I presume), with the Live TV switched off.
    Obviously MP doesn't work with having Live TV as the underlying default position, so need to get back to that after using any menu.
    IIRC, viewing TV Guide then going back to Live TV works ok, certainly by pressing the TV Guide button again.
    I assume I just need to look at the button mapping and ensure it's consistent, and pointing at the correct Live TV window.
    (I have 'automatically turn tv on' set).
    I'm the worst person to ask LOL since I haven't used 'Live TV' for years. You'd be better off to post in the Newcomer's forum and get 'expert' advice. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom