Recorded TV: Wrong running time being reported (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I was seeing some very strange behavior from recorded TV last night. For two programmes, both of which were over an our long, the reported length in the recordings list was 9 minutes for one and 32 minutes for the other. This programme length was also presented in the playback "slider" bar, even tough the whole programme was indeed recorded in both cases.

I am uncertain about what is causing this so I have not raised a bug report yet. It might be something to do with the fact that he recordings started while the PC was not being used, and then part way through I launched MP2.

I have set up two programmes to record today while I am at work, so I will not interrupt the PC at all during recording, then I can see if the results are the same.

Can I ask first: Where does MP2 get the running time from for a recorded TV programme from? Does it use the EPG data, or the actual length of the recording on the HDD?

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
***IGNORE THIS POST - BAD INFORMATION***

How did you verify this?

I sat there and watched it for over an hour :)

When I started watching the programme, the slider bar showed (for example) 9:00 as the end time. As I watched, the end time counted up, so after I had watched for 2 minutes, the end timer showed 11:00; after 5 minutes it showed 14:00 therefore the marker never reached the end of the slider until the programme finished.

This worked fine as long as I didn't try to move the slider back or forwards. As soon as I did this, the end timer froze at the current time, and the programme played only until that time.

So, if I started watching the "9 minute" recording, and watched for 5 minutes without touching the slider, the end time would show as 14:00. If I then moved the slider I would only be able to watch the programme up until 14:00 at which point it would stop as if it had reached the end of the recording, even though the whole one hour programme was recorded.

It would have been simpler to explain with screen grabs, but unfortunately I didn't make any :(

It was a very strange error, and I am not sure if I will be able to re-create it, but will report back if I do.

Last edited:

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Please ignore the above post. I have managed to re-create this, but the behaviour is different to that which I described above. I will raise a bug report now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom