[confirm] RecordedTV playback timeline incorrect when using forward. (1 Viewer)

NTman

Portal Member
August 6, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
MediaPortal Version: 1.0rc2
MediaPortal Skin: Maya
Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit
CPU Type: Core2Duo E6400
HDD: Kingston SSD Value
Memory: Kingston 800Mhz Value
Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
Video Card: Gefore 9400GT
Video Card Driver: 196.xx
Sound Card: Realtek 7.1
Sound Card AC3: Realtek 7.1
Sound Card Driver: Windows 7 default
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW latest
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 2.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have been having this issue with RC1 and RC2 that when i watch recorded tv i have rarely been able to see the show finished until the playback timeline goes to the end and playback stops. For a while i have been thinking that the shows that just run over their broadcast time and it does not get recorded fully so i have been just adding more recording end time in the tv server settings. For now i have had it set for 30min extra, but still i did not were abel to see the show to it's end until the playback stopped. In all cases i have used the Forward usually 4x speed during commercials to skip them. The skip step settings are in their default. So i checked the recorded show with Windows Media Player 11 and it was recorder correctly and the show did not exceed the it's 1 hour broadcast time and the recording were 1:30min, but in recorded tv playback when the timeline got into 1:30min mark the show was still not into it's end altough the show runtime was 56mins. So the recording works fine, but there seems to be something with the playback timeline or something with the skip steps that breaks it.

Have tested with Maya and StreamedMp skins and with both this problem occurs.

So if maybe some could also test their recorded tv and use skip steps with default values and see if you are abel to watch the show to it's end. Sometimes the tv shows that runtime is about 30min have been played fine, so if you could use tv shows that are 1 hour or more.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: RecordedTV playback timeline incorrect.

So far I've not had this issue. I do NOT use FFWD (because of the image quality) but DO use the Skip-Step Forward regularly for commercials. Do you find this happens under Recorded TV or under MyVideos as well?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

So if maybe some could also test their recorded tv and use skip steps with default values and see if you are abel to watch the show to it's end. Sometimes the tv shows that runtime is about 30min have been played fine

The only time I have seen something like this was using comskip for cutting out commercials, and having that selected as option in MP config\general settings to skip commercials automatically.

NTman

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Did some more testing.

When playing back the recorded show the timeline is CORRECT when NOT using FORWARD.
    When playing back the recorded show the timeline is CORRECT when USING SKIP STEPS.
    When playing back a H.264 MKV through Tv-Series the timeline is CORRECT when USING FORWARD.

When playing back the recorded show the timeline is NOT CORRECT when USING FORWARD.

So now if some could also test the playback using FORWARD 4x. Watch the show from the beginning like 5-10min NOT using FORWARD and the OSD showing the timeline, remember roughly the scene where it is at. Then start the the playback again from the beginning and use FORWARD 4x and OSD showing the timeline. Does it match?

NTman

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So it seems you're educating yourself on the QUALITY of the various movement types. The FF / RW issue has been around for a while and you should read this fast forward n backward recorded tv thread for some background.
    Yep looks like it. Don't know if that Manfreds fix in core.dll is in RC2 that fixes problems for someone in above thread, but at least that core.dll was incompatible with RC2 build (crashed) so wasn't able to test that. Guess i'll have to call this an unfortunate effect on default functionality, until (or if) there will be a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom