Recording, but not, unable to watch/record live TV (1.2.2) (1 Viewer)

me_sjo

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all,

This issue occured with v1.2.1, but I just upgraded to 1.2.2 and the problem persists. MP doesn't crash as such, so don't have any crash dumps. If you need me to provide something else, please ask!

Recording of live TV has never worked for me. I accidentally hit the record button on my remote and now MP is stuck recording nothing and not releasing the TV cards. I need to figure out how to force it to stop trying to/recording whatever.

If I go into the TV option, 'Recording' flashes up at the top of the screen for a few seconds then vanishes. It repeats this every 10 seconds or so. If I go into 'Active Recordings', it shows nothing. There are no scheduled recordings either. If I restart MP, I can quickly watch live TV for a few seconds before it stops with 'Timeshifting has stopped this viewing' or something similar, due to only having one tuner in the box right now (Hauppauge Nova DVB-S).

As the GUI thinks nothing is recording to enable me to stop it, can someone point me at a behind-the-scenes method of tracking this down and killing it?

Once that is achieved perhaps someone could assist me with getting the recording working properly. This is all pretty standard hardware, Win7 with Hauppauge cards. There will also be an active WinTV dual dvb-t2 card shortly, and possibly another identical sat card giving four tuners in total. This is the only thing that isn't working for me on MP, but of course it's quite a fundamental problem.

Many thanks

ps: i'm also open to paid consultancy for someone to come out and resolve these issues.. i'm in the SE of England..

MSlater

Portal Member
December 23, 2011
Home Country
England England
Odd that you should post this today. I'm having the same problem - or at least I was last night. I am running dual tuners and have been for some time without problems however last night I couldn't watch live TV for more than 10 seconds before playback hung. I rebooted several times but couldn't resolve it. This morning its all working fine again however one of my plugins (On line videos) is not showing all my downloaded videos. I can't see its related or that anything has changed.

I wonder if there was an update installed automatically...

me_sjo

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
Home Country
I'm not sure if it's the same problem; my MP install has never worked for recording and has always shown this issue.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Stu, can you post up your log files from debug mode. Since your setup isn't actually crashing choose option 3 in the debug pop-up window and close MP manually once the error has occurred.

We need to get this sorted for you because it would be a shame if you binned because of this one (albeit major) issue.

Gary

me_sjo

Portal Member
April 12, 2010
Home Country
Stu, can you post up your log files from debug mode. Since your setup isn't actually crashing choose option 3 in the debug pop-up window and close MP manually once the error has occurred.

We need to get this sorted for you because it would be a shame if you binned because of this one (albeit major) issue.

Gary

Cheers. I'll look into how to setup debug mode and try and get some logs this evening. Issues like this are frustrating, especially when coming from something like winmce which handled TV/recording perfectly, but wasn't very advanced on other media playback, like MP is with the tv-series plug-in.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Cheers. I'll look into how to setup debug mode and try and get some logs this evening. Issues like this are frustrating, especially when coming from something like winmce which handled TV/recording perfectly, but wasn't very advanced on other media playback, like MP is with the tv-series plug-in.

Im sure this will be a simple fix once we get to the bottom of it. The logs will show step by step what MP is attempting to do, so any errors will flag up and we can go from there.

In case you didnt already know, to create logs files (from a non-'crashing' error):

Start -> Team-mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> Mediaportal debug mode -> Option 3 ('Export all currently present logs') -> Close MP manually after error has occurred.

Post the zip file on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom