Recording Conflicts (1 Viewer)

gwiley

Portal Member
October 24, 2005
I've uninstalled and reinstalled MP a few times and I'm wondering if that's what's causing this, but this is my problem:

I had two TV Tuner cards in my PC. There were two shows that were scheduled at the same time, different channels. They used to record fine (not show a conflict), but now they don't. They have a ! splash on them.

I added another TV Tuner card in my PC today (so I have three) and now the conflict doesn't show up. With two TV Tuner cards I should be able to record two shows. Any clue on how to fix this? I now have three cards and I can't record three shows at a time...I get a ! splash if I record something at the same time as one of the other cards.

Also, I've noticed that when a show is recording I can't use one of the other TV Tuner cards to watch another show...it forces me to watch the show it's recording. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance..

DaveInUK

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
Hi,

3 tuner cards! Pushing the software then!

Wanted to give you a reply but not sure if people could reproduce this problem and most (and this is where I might get some repsonse) woould not have 3 cards to be able to test the system with?

I've only got ne card and I'm stil trying to get everything working - as if it were a commercial set-top-box; go for it and I hope someone can help.

Don't shoot too many buffalo out there!

Dave

gwiley

Portal Member
October 24, 2005
Well, tonight I have two shows set to record at the same time, but only one kicked in.

This used to work, I think. I did a reinstall today and everything is clean, including rebuilding the XML TV Guide.

I really love this software, but it just doesn't work right....yet. :(

Anyone have any idea when 0.2.x will work with the AVermedia PVR-150 Plus cards? I just get a blank screen in My TV. I guess I'm hoping 0.2.x works a little better?

Thanks in advance...

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
gwiley,

I have 3 tuners (Hauppauge 150 & 500) and it works OK.
(Not using 0.2RC - I am using a 0.1.3 + some CVS a while back)

Not sure this will be much help as you have probably already
done this but I can tell you what I did.
- With multiple cards you have to assign the channels to each card
individually even if the same channels are available to all cards
or "I think" you can only use one.
- I set each card for both record and watch
- I set a different priority to each card

HTH,
patrick

elconejito

Portal Pro
April 28, 2005
Falls Church, VA
Home Country
yeah, i would make sure the 3 cards show up in configuration, and the channels are assigned. what TV cards are you using (the support template might be useful here)

gwiley

Portal Member
October 24, 2005
First of all, a LOT of the problems I've been having were probably caused by a faulty 300GB Seagate drive. It'd work for a couple days to a week and then lose everything on the drive...that kinda sucks. It was brand new. Gotta RMA that one..

Thanks for any help you guys can throw my way. Here's some answers to get a better idea of what I have and what's going on. My hardware is listed in my signature, if that helps any...

- With multiple cards you have to assign the channels to each card
individually even if the same channels are available to all cards

I have done this already using the setup utility. I assign each card all the channels.

- I set each card for both record and watch

I have also done this.

- I set a different priority to each card

I hadn't thought of this, but I tried it and still no luck. If I schedule or 'record now' more than one show MP waits until I stop recording the current show and then starts recording the show that I also set to record. If I set two to record at the same time, one records and the other says "Waiting".

yeah, i would make sure the 3 cards show up in configuration, and the channels are assigned. what TV cards are you using (the support template might be useful here)

Yes, all three are in configuration. And have all channels assigned to them. I have 3 of the same cards AVerMedia PVR 150 Plus.

Please excuse me, I'm a newbie to this, where is the support template located? I'd be happy to fill out whatever to help get this working. :)

Many thanks in advance...

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    with 2 cards you can indeed record 2 shows at the same time
    this should not cause a conflict
    Either its a bug, or you accidently scheduled 3 shows at the same time
    Check out if this is the case by
    mytv->scheduler->conflicts

frodo

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    gwiley said:
    Please excuse me, I'm a newbie to this, where is the support template located? I'd be happy to fill out whatever to help get this working. :)

Many thanks in advance...
    the support template is one of the stickies in this forum (the first few threads at the top of the forum). It has you fill out info like driver version, etc...

gwiley

Portal Member
    October 24, 2005
    with 2 cards you can indeed record 2 shows at the same time

That's the odd part. I have 3 cards and can't record more than one show at a time!

I'll look at the support template when I get back from out of town this weekend.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom