Recording database not updating [resolved] (1 Viewer)

mmg3k

Portal Member
August 24, 2005
France
Home Country
France France
I don't know if this will be helpfull to anyone but I have spent a fair amount of time to fix it.

My setup is a bit special:
I have a NAS server with 12 Tb of disk space on which I have all my movies, music, pictures and other stuff. To prepare rebuild the new TV server (v 1.2.3), I copied all my tv recordings (4 Tb) on it.

I have setup the TV Server fine (Win7 64, SQL Express 64 (I had to manually activate TCPIP to get access to it with other machines). So I had everything working fine and I thought that I could use the IPTvcard, that I don't use, set to record onto my NAS share to access the old recordings without copying them back saving space and time on my TV server. This would give me access to the old recodings.

I tried to import the recordings many times, reinstalled the TVServer and DB several times without success thinking that it was corruption in the DB....

Then this morning, when I woke-up, I got the answer:
When running the TV Config, you are looged in as a user who has access to network share, but the TVService runs as a local account and therefore doesn't have access to the network. So I changed the account that runs the TV service to the logged on account (it will get automatically the privilege of running services) and then I was able to import all my recordings.

I have not tried yet to record over the lan but I will try to see if it works (I am a bit sceptical about it...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom