[confirm] Recording failing on some channels (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I finally got the problem back. So I attached the logs. The only thing it is that it now responded that the channel was scrambled. Although I have a subscribtion and a working cam. I had to shutdown the server and then boot it again to get the channels unscrambled again on that tuner.
The thing with this setup is that I have two different CAM modules inside two FloppyDTV tuners (except one is a FirDTV).
So it may be a CAM issue or a tuner issue in this case. The weird thing is that it does work after the shutdown/boot cycle again. So it does work in the basics.
The recording failed some minutes into the recording that started at 16:15 in the logs and then later on at 20:00 it tried another channel that was scrambled, it also recorded a unscrambled channel with success but that recording never stopped anymore. So the guestion is why did it suddenly fail the unscrambling? Does anyone know if there is a known issue with using different CAM modules with Fire/Floppy DTV tuners?

Btw, I could not attach the error.log since it as 0 bytes.

In this example the signal level and quality quality are logged as very poor (32) and a few times as no signal (0). This does not necessarily have to be the problem, the logging could of course be wrong.

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No error log, it is 0 bytes, and I think it is short on logging because the service just hangs. I can not stop it or restart it anymore. So the process is just death and no longer able to creaate logging.

The other reference to the signal is also wrong, because if I look at the bars while the tuners are tuned they always show 98% quality and strength. The recordings are strong also, except for one or two channels. But those are not the channels i recorded from this time

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I finally got the problem back. So I attached the logs. The only thing it is that it now responded that the channel was scrambled. Although I have a subscribtion and a working cam. I had to shutdown the server and then boot it again to get the channels unscrambled again on that tuner.
The thing with this setup is that I have two different CAM modules inside two FloppyDTV tuners (except one is a FirDTV).
So it may be a CAM issue or a tuner issue in this case. The weird thing is that it does work after the shutdown/boot cycle again. So it does work in the basics.
The recording failed some minutes into the recording that started at 16:15 in the logs and then later on at 20:00 it tried another channel that was scrambled, it also recorded a unscrambled channel with success but that recording never stopped anymore. So the guestion is why did it suddenly fail the unscrambling? Does anyone know if there is a known issue with using different CAM modules with Fire/Floppy DTV tuners?

Btw, I could not attach the error.log since it as 0 bytes.

In this example the signal level and quality quality are logged as very poor (32) and a few times as no signal (0). This does not necessarily have to be the problem, the logging could of course be wrong.

I looked at that again, but the first not descrambling recording logged a 65 level and 65 quality, the one before logged a 0/0 while that one recorded just fine, but that was on a non descrambled recording.
So I say this signal level logging is faulty ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom