Recording Failure and the log message (1 Viewer)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

I have built a new HTPC and was successfully recording programs using .TS format. Then changed the recording option so that recordings would be stored on another hard disk, which generated the following error:

23-09-2007 23:20:10 Recorder:unable to create file:'D:\Recordings\Stephen Fry_ The Secret Life Of A Man...\Stephen Fry_ The Secret Life Of A Man....ts' 3

Can anyone confirm whether the "3" specified at the end of the log message implies perhaps a permissions error, or does it mean something else?

Cheers Mike

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re-raising this recording failure issue after reviewing other messages regarding recording failures and a repeat of the problem this week.

I notice in the log message above, that the filename being saved (and which failed) contains "..." entries, which would cause a file creation error. Does anyone know if the ellipses used in the above example are literal values that MP was using as the actual filename - or where these introduced by the logging software to reduce the line length of the log record? If these ellipses were actually part of the filename, then I have an explanation for the recording failure and need to find a file naming solution.

Cheers Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom