Recording from STB (1 Viewer)

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
January 19, 2006
I have a Dish Network 322 STB its connected to my ATI 650 via s-video. The STB goes into a "screen saver mode"after x amount of inactivity. To "re initialize" the tuner you have to press the select button the Dish Network remote. So when MP wakes up to record it records the Dish Network screen saver bouncing all over the screen. Is there a way to send the "select button" command to the STB every time MP wakes for a recording?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MCE Replacement Plugin could probably do that for you.

Use a "Pre-Change" command in the External Channel setup.

Or maybe set up an "Event Mapper" item to send the command when a recording is initiated.

Of course this assumes you have an MCE remote.

Good luck,

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    Thanx! for you prompt response. I do have a MCE remote and blaster. I have installed the latest version of the MCE replacement plugin, but I can't seem to get the "Event Mapper" or "Pre-Change" to work. I have "taught" the select command from the Dish remote and mapped it to the "Media Potral start" event and it doesn't do anthing. Also I have mapped the IR/Select to the Pre- Change it also dosen't seem to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

Have you tested the learnt IR commands?

Did they work when you tested them?

If they don't work then you might need to re-learn them and make sure there are no other sources of InfraRed light in the room (easier said than done), but the easiest way is to wait until night time and teach the IR codes in a darkened room.

You're not using a PVR-150 MCE remote are you?

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    Yes, I have already "programmed" the IR codes form the Dish remote (channel up/down and 0-9) and they are working. I just can't get the Event mapper or Pre-Change to work. Also how do I delete an added event map I don't anymore? THANX!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You put a tick in the box to use the pre-change command in the STB setup (on the right side of the window)?

To remove an old event mapper item select the event in the list and press the delete button on your keyboard to remove it.

Have you tried using a macro on Pre-Change and have it do the IR code and then wait a couple of seconds before finishing.

There might be something wrong with pre-change command handling... I'll take a look at it and see if I can see anything wrong.

Apart from that I can only suggest that you keep trying, maybe go over the documentation and try again.

You are using TV Engine 2 not TV Engine 3, right?

Cheers,

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    Correct I'm using MP.2.2.0 SVN 14405. I did check "enable" in the event mapper screen. I selected my event "on MP start" and clicked add, then highlighted the event. I selected my IR code"select" and clicked "set"started MP....nothing I think there may be something wrong with the plugin I noticed this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/stb_turn_off_which_event-t22777.html

Essentially I'm trying to do what hes trying to do as well. THANX!

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you attach a log file where you tried to do it and it didn't work. Maybe there is some clue in your logs.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom