Recording Series in MP2 (1 Viewer)

deeztek

Portal Member
October 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've setup a custom value under MediaPortal - TV Server Configuration --> Recording --> Custom paths and filenames --> Series --> Format. My custom value is: %title%\Season %series%\%title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name% which should translate to:

\Show Title\Season No\Show Title - S1E1 - Episode Title.ts

However, when the shows get recorded they don't follow that naming convention. For instance, last night I recorded the latest Big Bang Theory, which should had been Season 9, Episode 6. MediaPortal created a folder named "Season" instead of putting the file under the Season 9 folder, and then the recorded file was named "Big Bang Theory - SE - The Helium Insufficiency.ts". Notice how it's missing the 9 and the 6.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If your EPG data contains the season and episodes number they will be added here. Sadly most of the EPG sources don't provide proper season and episodes numbers in an machine readable way, so you may be fiddling with different EPG sources until you find one that provides the needed data or use a tool to add those data after grabbing the EPG. You may find some of them by searching the forum...
    E.G: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pisode-numbers-to-all-episodes-in-epg.129955/
    I have fond a source with proper episodes numbers so I haven't tried this myself.

deeztek

Portal Member
    October 6, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    those utilities seem to only work with MP1. What source are you using that would have proper episode numbers?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I live in Germany my source (Tvtv.de) is not useful for you, sorry. I'm not very familiar with US TV, but afaik Schedules Direct has the data you need in their service. But SchedulesDirect isn't free of charge...

The TV Engine in MP1 and MP2 is the same, so maybe those tools can be used for MP2 as well (I don't know, maybe you'll try it and, if it's not workling, aks for help or a fix in the forum there) ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom