[confirm] Recording to unavailable network share locks all cards (1 Viewer)

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
When a network share is not available (e.g. server offline, insufficient access rights) then TV Server locks up all cards with the status "idle", when it's configured to record on that network share.

It's possible to timeshift the current transponder. But thats it.

For the logs I just detached the network cable from the share server. There is exactly the same behavior when I don't have write access to the share.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    10.1 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When a network share is not available (e.g. server offline, insufficient access rights) then TV Server locks up all cards with the status "idle", when it's configured to record on that network share.

It's possible to timeshift the current transponder. But thats it.

Out of interest, what do you expect it to do in this situation? I suppose the best you can hope for is a notification and exit.

I suspect that timeshifting or recording on a network share will be much less efficient than a local drive.

Mark

dedi

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It definitely should not lock all cards! It should only "reserve" one card (or worse solution: abort completely with a message ("Network share not available")).

Also, when the network share got available again, this states remaining. The first card starts to record (which is fine), the others are still "idling" on the current transponder (see screen snip).

This remains even after the record stopped. The first card is released and free to use, the other cards are still "idling".

To resolve this issue, TV server has to be restarted.

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
      Capture3.PNG
      10.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom