recording tv just stopped :( HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Alright, I have looked further into this and this is what I can make of it:

The offending code, found in the TVController.cs file, is this:
    Code:
     public void Fire(object sender, EventArgs args)
        {
          try
          {
            if (OnTvServerEvent != null)
            {
              OnTvServerEvent(sender, args);
            }
          }
          catch (Exception ex)
          {
            Log.Write(ex);
          }
        }

However I'm not sure what the following line is calling:
    Code:
    OnTvServerEvent(sender, args);

I believe that the ConflictsManager events_OnTvServerEvent(object sender, EventArgs eventArgs) method is possibly what is being called, although it doesn't makes sense because the ConflictsManager is not being loaded by the PluginLoader from what I can make out!

This is all the more strange when the method StartRecordingNotification(recDetail) seems to execute without issue prior to RecordingStartedNotification(recDetail).

I know it may be difficult to offer an opinion based on the above description but any ideas or suggestions on how I might debug further would be welcomed.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It would really surprise me if that is the offending code.
    Are you sure the scheduler thread is actually locked?
    What TV Server plugins have you enabled?

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have been investigating this further and I believe that I may have resolved the issue having taken into account what @mm1352000 mentioned regarding what TV Server plugins are enabled.

StartRecordingNotification(recDetail) calls the following code:
    Code:
    _tvController.Fire(this,
                             new TvServerEventArgs(TvServerEventType.StartRecording, new VirtualCard(user), (User)user,
                                                   recDetail.Schedule, null));

Subsequently RecordingStartedNotification(recDetail) makes the following call:
    Code:
    _tvController.Fire(this,
                             new TvServerEventArgs(TvServerEventType.RecordingStarted, new VirtualCard(user), (User)user,
                                                   recDetail.Schedule, recDetail.Recording));

It is this second call which appears to hang the scheduler thread.

I inserted some breakpoints, recompiled and attached to the process to debug. I traced the TvServerEventType.RecordingStarted parameter to two different locations, in ComSkipLauncher.cs file, ComSkipLauncher_OnTvServerEvent method and in the PowerScheduler ControllerActiveStandbyHandler.cs file, OnTvServerEvent method.

It was on the ComSkiLauncher_OnTvServerEvent that the code failed, when attempting to launch the ComSkip.exe program. I subsequently disabled the ComSkip plugin and low and behold the recording worked, stopping as expected.

I was able to remove the issue and re-enabled ComSkip plugin when I installed the latest ComSkip donator version, 81_061. The conclusion I'm coming to is that the default ComSkip executable being installed by MP is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Can anyone else who is experiencing this issue please confirm?

Last edited:

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just wondering if anyone experiencing the same issue was able to confirm what I think is going on?

fishynz

Portal Member
    April 27, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same issue but I don't have the ComSkipLauncher plugin enabled. The two plugins that I have enabled are PowerScheduler and XmlTv.

I have just done a complete fresh re-install of 1.7.1 and still have the same issue and it is happening pretty consistently now.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I have the same issue but I don't have the ComSkipLauncher plugin enabled. The two plugins that I have enabled are PowerScheduler and XmlTv...

Interesting. Have you tried disabling the XMLTV plugin, which I don't have enabled? The three plugins that I have are:
    • ComSkipLauncher
    • PowerScheduler
    • WebEPG

silver19102

May 9, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just created an account so I can post some more information and logs here:

I am having identical problems with my installation of MediaPortal on Windows 8 (not 8.1), using an HDHomeRun tuner. The only plugin I have installed is XmlTv. I had a 1 hour recording scheduled for about 3 hours ago that is still running. Whatever went wrong was sometime between [2014-05-09 13:53:05,709] and the time of the last entry in the logs I'm posting.

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome silver19102 :)

Thanks for the log files.
    Can you confirm whether you've used MediaPortal in the past and whether this problem started at some point in time after that, or whether you've just started using MediaPortal (and as far as you're concerned this problem has always been there).

@JJDoherty
    Has the problem recurred for you at all after upgrading ComSkip?

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom