Recordings not ending on schedule (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've recently switched my setup to a single STB connected to a capture card, which means a single registered tuner (although I can't delete my old HD HomeRun for some reason).

In the past week as I've got my EPG working I've noticed that when I have two consecutive recordings with some channels, the second recording wasn't working. I've looked at the logs, and as much sense as I can make of them it appears that the first recording (in this case Stargate SG-1) is ending a few seconds after 9AM, preventing the 9AM recording (Canada's Worst Driver), from starting. The same channel lets me make multiple recordings for other programs, its just this damn 8AM Stargate schedule that seems to be the problem. Am I reading the logs correctly? How can I tell if this is a problem with the EPG, the software, or even the broadcaster? Is there anything I can do?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

although I can't delete my old HD HomeRun for some reason
    Removing tuners is explained in the wiki (manual):
    TV Servers - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

In the case of an HDHR, you'd have to completely uninstall all the SiliconDust/HDHR software before the tuner could be removed.

Am I reading the logs correctly?
    No. :)

The log file is clear:
    [2017-09-07 09:00:07,651] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: Schedule 2017-09-07 9:00:00 AM-Canada's Worst Driver (-) has already been recorded (2017-08-28 6:00:19 AM) - aborting...

In other words: TV Server is not recording the program episode because you've configured TV Server not to record episodes that have already been recorded and because TV Server thinks it has already recorded the episode.

Once again the details for this feature are in the wiki (manual) here:
    Recording - MediaPortal 1 - MediaPortal Wiki

To me it seems obvious that you've configured your "episode key" setting to be the episode name... but in fact your EPG data source is not providing a valid episode name for this particular program. Instead the episode name is always "-". Therefore once TV Server has recorded one episode of the program, it won't record any more episodes of it until you delete/move the previously recorded episode.

Possible solutions:
    • don't configure TV Server to skip recording duplicate episodes, OR...
    • ask your EPG data provider to clean up the episode names, OR...
    • make your own clean up program/script for your EPG data, OR...
    • always remember to delete or move the previously recorded episode of the program (so TV Server doesn't think the episode is a duplicate)

mm

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
    October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Actually I use the TvWishList plugin to handle my scheduling. It didn't occur to me to disable the TV server's duplicate recording setting. Thanks for the help, and not pulling any punches. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom