Recover Deleted Recordings? (1 Viewer)

macmr

Portal Pro
August 21, 2011
Home Country
Is it possible to recover deleted .ts recording files?

I have deleted some recordings that I would like to watch again

I have tried using some recovery software but it doesn't show any of the .ts deleted files. Plenty of other files just not the .ts ones

Thanks

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have tried using some recovery software but it doesn't show any of the .ts deleted files. Plenty of other files just not the .ts ones
    I don't think that TS files are different from other file types, so all files should be equally recoverable (or equally unrecoverable).

I use the Recuva tool to recover deleted files. It has two modes of operation: "normal" and "deep scan" (which can take hours I believe -- I have never tried it). But all undelete tools rely on the disk blocks containing the deleted file not having been overwritten by newer files. So if you delete a file accidentally, immediately stop all actions that might cause further updates to the disk.

There is effectively zero chance of successfully undeleting a file that you deleted several days or weeks ago from a disk that is in continual use. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks yes i have tried Recuva and Ashampoo undeleters and both do not show the .ts files

I will have another try and yes as you say leaving it too long can be problematic

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok so first a clarification. I can recover .ts files but not the main recording files only the ones from the timeshift buffer.

Using Recuva in the normal mode or the deep scan mode will not find any deleted recordings. It will find files (like .avi and image files) that are about the same size as some of my normal recordings so I don't think it's a file size issue.

It also finds all the smaller stuff like .jpg, .xml etc. It will find all the .xml files associated with the deleted .ts recordings just not the main recorded .ts file?

In all it seems as though .ts recordings can't be found with the programs I have. Maybe some other paid for undeleter might do it?

groovybaby

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)

Hi macmr
    Ive just done the same:
    So did you find a way to recover your deleted program files?

macmr

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi macmr
    Ive just done the same:
    So did you find a way to recover your deleted program files?
    No luck I'm afraid. I tried everything I could.

Multiple recovery programs using normal and deep scan modes.

Would not find any of the big .ts files from the recording folder. Only the smaller ones as noted above

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I accidently delete a recording also and tried to get it back, but no luck.
    It would be better, if MediaPortal put the deleted files in Windows trash, then there is a way to get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom