refresh artwork all movies (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I noticed last night that for some reason, the cover art and background pictures for a lot of my movies have disappeared. Will Moving Pictures gradually get these back? Is there a way to get it to refresh all the artwork and so get the missing artowrk back at all? In the config, it appears as though I can do it individually for each movie, but couldn't figure out if there was a way to do them all together.
Why they disappeared is another thing altogether. It's been a while since I've watched a movie and so aren't sure how long they've been gone for...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Artwork should never really just disappear. Unless maybe you deleted your thumbs folder or lost something in a MediaPortal upgrade? In any case, on launch Moving Pictures will run a scan for missing artwork in the background (no action required). You should just be able to launch MediaPortal and wait for half an hour or so and new artwork should have been downloaded automatically.

Last edited:

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what happened to it. A few months ago I upgraded to an SSD and Win7 64-bit and have had a few strange things happening. Videos taking 10 seconds or so to start playing - especially through Moving Pictures - and a couple of other things including this missing artwork. I had a look through backups (I run Windows Home Server to store my media and backup my PCs) and it looks as though the artwork has been playing up for a couple of weeks. The images are stored in c:\programdata\teammediaportal\thumbs\moving pictures (or something similar - going from memory here)?
I'll try leaving MediaPortal alone for a while and see if the images download again themselves.
I'm thinking of going back to my old SATA drive and Win XP until I have time to try and sort it all out. Never really had any problems with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom