refresh rate change - serious delay (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin: blue3 wide
Windows Version: vista SP2
CPU Type: Intel E4500
HDD: samsung 2TB
Memory: 2G ddr2 PC-6400
Motherboard: Dell inspiron 530
Video Card: ati 5450
Video Card Driver: 11.7
Sound Card: ati 5450
Sound Card AC3: ATI 5450
Sound Card Driver: 11.7
1. TV Card: TBS 6891
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.0.21
2. TV Card: Peak
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver: latest
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra
HTPC Case: Fujitsu Scaleo (suitably dremelld)
Cooling: silent fans
Power Supply: 250W
Remote: generic MCE compatible
TV: panasonic 1080p plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, I am in the middle of upgrading to W7 pro - so absolutely latest everything and have run into a problem.

When the auto refresh rate changer kicks in there is a LONG delay before the video appears. I am talking about 8 MINUTES where the system is completely unresponsive. In the log I see "changing refresh rate." then 8 minutes later "g_player kicking in.

I will get some proper logs - delay sporting out the route to the htpc -but any suggestions would be useful

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Repeated the test using debug etc. Logs attached - critical time is between 22:34 and 22:42

Just retried with refresh rate turned off - it all works perfectly (except the refresh rates don't change :()

[for refresh rate change I tried with and without device reset - same problem]

any help much appreciated

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
I reinstalled MP and the refresh problem went away.........but the remote control (enter key) stopped working. SO I reinstalled again (this is silly) and now the remote & the refresh rate works BUT another problem has appeared - MP crashes when trying to play an MPV video with h264(1080p/24) with truehd. All (?) I have done is reinstall MP - still using ffdshow that worked perfectly before for first reinstall.

Nothing else is failing and memtest passes overnight runs and the disc reports now error.

Back to debugging

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
After a while I determined the latest problem was ffdshow -it appears that ffdshow has been broken since around 3979 for this combination (DXVA problem). S/W decode works but murders my CPU.
Regressed ffdshow and all is OK. Hope this gets fixed sometime soon

[still don't understand why I got the original problems but if it ain't broke don't fix it :))

By the way the only reason for the W7 upgrade was to get HD to my receiver working - now it does for Blu-ray, HD-DVD & mkv files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom