Refresh rate problems? Doesn't seem to change correctly (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi. I just setup a new client machine and connected this to a new panel (this one).

I have refresh rate changer enabled in the settings but it doesn't seem to work correctly (but does on my main system). I'm not sure if its the TV or not? But I don't see why it can't handle it?

First I watch live HDTV and it sits with a refresh rate of 60hz when the source is 50hz, I couldn't get it to switch. I tried a 24hz movie and it switched fine this time. Then I went back to Live HDTV and it stays on 24hz which obviously results in a drop for every drawn frame :/

It seems as though its only not switching when theres a Live TV stream from the server?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok read the wiki :) I have now set the recording path and the timeshift buffer path as UNC paths to the server. I presume I should set these to the same paths defined in TV server config on the server?

So, I did this, and refresh rate is changing ok.. however.. now HDTV just stutters for a few seconds then playback completely pauses (but MP is responsive) and SDTV stutters for a while then eventually seems to sort itself out and playback ok.

Has setting UNC paths in the debug options caused me to utilise more network bandwidth somehow? I'm not writing the timeshift back from the client to the server am I? The wireless was pretty saturated before this so wondering if its trying to do more over the network now?

Thanks

EDIT:
    So I played some more, removed the debug UNC paths and put a default refresh rate in for HDTV. The result is 50hz on TV and playback is fine again?

However, I notice if I fire up a TV channel whilst playback of a movie is currently playing for example, I guess MP doesn't see this as a change to the media and the refresh rate stays at 24hz again :(

So looks like UNC paths are the only fool proof option.. suggestions on why the playback locks up when I use these would be nice!

EDIT2:
    Oops, forgot the logs. Put the UNC paths back, opened MePo, started a HD TV channel, stutters for a few seconds then pauses as usual. Closed MePo then took the logs.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Has setting UNC paths in the debug options caused me to utilise more network bandwidth somehow?

Yes (that's partly the reason why RTSP is the default setup)

I'm not writing the timeshift back from the client to the server am I?

No - the timeshift buffering is always done at the server.

However, I notice if I fire up a TV channel whilst playback of a movie is currently playing for example, I guess MP doesn't see this as a change to the media and the refresh rate stays at 24hz again

I suspect that's a minor bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom