Refresh/Update all IMDB info for movies in MovingPictures

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by lanman31337, July 2, 2016.

1. lanman31337

lanman31337 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, I upgraded my machine and had to re-do my mediaportal installation. Now I have all of my movies imported, however a lot of them are missing the IMDB info as well as any art. Is there a way to scan all the movies and update them all? Running MovingPictures 1.8.1

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lisag
    • Premium Supporter

lisag Retired Team Member

Social Work
    Ratings:
    +183 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you have IMDB+ installed, there is a setting in there to update all of the library.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lanman31337

lanman31337 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I do have IMDB+ installed, and tried refreshing with no luck. Fan/cover art is there, but summaries aren't all there. If I go into MovingPictures's movie manager and refresh the ones that are missing, that works, but I have to do each and every one individually.

Edit - converted as many as I could over to IMDB+, it's refreshing them all. most movies were on other databases, hence no summary. Looks like this needs to be done through mediaportal, not windows.

Last edited: July 3, 2016
  5. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    @lanman31337, yes the idea of IMDb+ was to do everything from the couch, so you did not have to exit MediaPortal to fix things. That means all the fancy settings are all controlled via the GUI inside MediaPortal.

Once all the movies are forced over to IMDb+ as the primary scraper-script then inside Moving-Pictures config you can use CTRL+A to select all movies, and refresh their data via the IMDb+ scraper-script, but then you are stuck waiting for that to finish whereas when you do it via GUI you can still watch a movie, and abort/resume the mass-update. For a very large collection I also added the option to update per 'letter of the alphabet', or only update the rename dbase entry list.

There is also a dedicated IMDb+ forum thread if you have any additional questions.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!