[will not fix] Refreshrate changer not working 23Hz -> 50Hz (RTSP-stream) (1 Viewer)

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This has been working for me for a loong time and now with 1.3beta it stopped for some reason. Changing from 50Hz to 23Hz works at least once but not changing back. When the logs were created I turned on TV (50Hz), stopped it, started a 23Hz movie (succesful change), started 50Hz TV (no change), started a 50Hz recording (no change)

I tried deleting mediaportal.xlm and reverting Dynamic refreshrate changer settings to default but no luck.

Logs attached

Last edited:

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Have you set the DEFAULT hz to PAL ?
    No, why should I? It might work as a workaround, but the refreshrate should change according to the actual rate. At least that's how it used to work.

I did a couple of more tests and it seems that the change doesn't work with RTSP-streams. 50Hz files through Tv-series work fine.

Last edited:

tCC

Portal Pro
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah ok, I don't have problems switching here with 1.3 Beta, only tested mkv files tho.

You should set 50hz as default in Windows itself and also 50hz (PAL) as default rate in MP Configuration, so it always switches back from another rate to the default after watching a movie (or anything else) which used a different refresh rate.

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yeah, that's what I'll do for now. Thanks.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi slarti,

I also noticed some stuff with drr lately (even in Alpha). It seems it won't work for tv via rtsp. This is mentioned in the wiki. The wiki is talking about multiseat setup though which is not the case here. I wondered about that as I was sure I had it running with rtsp before without problems.... (n) I went for unc and it is working now for me. But additionally it won't in Online-Videos. Could you please check if it does for you?

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Damn, how'd I miss that wiki entry... I have a multi-seat setup. Didn't it work in 1.2.x?

Doesn't work with online videos, either.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are some technical issues with getting the fps from video streams in online videos, can't remember the details but there was some internal discussion about it, I think it's a possibility in the future, but I might be wrong can't remember exactly what was decided, but for now anyway don't expect refresh rate changes for online videos.

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for the info kiwijunglist. That's no biggie... Do you have any information whether it should work on single seat via rtsp or not?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom