Refreshrate Changer? (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am fine tuning my setup and see people using this part of mepo for bluray/hd content etc, but my Thoughts are do i need to use it or not? I ran fraps to see what i was getting when i play a mkv file taken from a bluray i own, the refresh rate changed to 24 automatically from 50/52, so is this enough or all i need without having to use refresh rate changer?
I use moving pictures as my default movie plugin, picture quality etc or things i havent thought about, would they improve or alter anything if i used refresh rate changer?

Hope this makes some sense?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The goal of the Dynamic Refresh Rate is to change your TV's refresh rate to match the frame rate of the played videofile. When you press Shift + 1 while watching a video, you'll get an info screen which shows you all the info you need.

I assume fraps is showing you the frame rate of the played back MKV.
    Some additional info in the Wiki:
    Dynamic Refresh Rate
    Stuttering Playback

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First of all thanks for the information :)

shift + 1 showed me the graph as you said and the red video line was constantly up and down spikes and was at 60hz, so i re enabled the refresh rate changer and then played the same clip back and the red line became straight and the hz was now 24 so near perfect 23.976, thanks for that!

So this should give a slightly better picture as now it also does not drop so many `frames` (think thats what it was called) now 1 or 3 where as it was over a thousand in the same period of time.
    will keep playing around but this certainly going by the graph has made a beneficial effect to both the system and playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom