[solved] - Regarding the DPI Scaling and MePo 2 image quality..

Discussion in 'General' started by Alberto83, November 8, 2017.

1. Alberto83
    • Team MediaPortal

Alberto83 Test Group

Ratings:
    +119 / 1
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    One of the few things that drove me insane with my switch to MP2 was the different picture and text quality (even from skin) for fanart and thumbs on my "living room" system compared to my Desktop PC.
    The images were fuzzy, sometimes pixelated or even blurred compared to the crispier versions on my desktop pc.

I realized the only difference between the two system (hardware aside) was the DPI scaling, set to 150% on my plasma compared to my desktop. I forced the application to override high DPI scaling on my living room and now picture and text quality is so much better. This did NOT affect video quality, only interface.

Can anyone else confirm my findings? I think it should be suggested on the wiki. Starting from Windows 10 Creators Update, it's possible to override DPI scaling by application by going to Shortcut properties -> compatibility and check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by Application"

Screenshot above:
    DPI Scaling.jpg

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!