Registry settings for Nvidia decoders (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Enabling DxVA

At this location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Video
    Add the Dword key EnableDXVA and set it to 1

Enabling Smart de-interlace control
    Add the Dword key DeinterlaceControl and set it to 3

Enabling 'Best' de-interlace mode
    Add the Dword key DeinterlaceMode and set it to 0
    For combine fields - set it to 2

To enable VMR9 as the prefered video renderer
    Then also add this key EnableVMR as Dword and set it to 2

To enable VMR9 default de-interlacing
    Add this key VMRDeinterlace as Dword and set it to 4

Note: The the Video section does not exist then add it.

Enabling SPDIF

Copy and paste the section between the dotted lines into a text file and then rename it to a *.reg file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Audio]
    "ConnectedDevicePropControl"=dword:00000002
    "EnableSPDIFPassThru"=dword:00000001

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When done merge it into your registry and now SPDIF will be used for all audio through the Nvidia Audio codec.

Enabling 5.1 speakers

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Filters\Audio]
    "SubwooferPresent"=dword:00000001
    "CenterPresent"=dword:00000001
    "BackPresent"=dword:00000001
    "MaxOutChannels"=dword:00000006
    "AC3OutputMode"=dword:00000007
    "AC3LfeOn"=dword:00000001

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.
    Another entry in the Video key some find useful is PreferYV12 - a DWord with value 0 to disable it and use YUY2 output, or 1 to enable YV12 output.

wiak

Portal Member
    June 10, 2005
    all this settings can you change in Nvidia's utilty that pops up when playing mpeg-2 files :) just click on the nvidia logo that pops up :=)

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    wiak said:
    all this settings can you change in Nvidia's utilty that pops up when playing mpeg-2 files :) just click on the nvidia logo that pops up :=)
    Last night I played around with the nVidia settings - and now I've come to the point where my DVDs look better coming from the HTPC than they do coming from my cheap-ish Sony DVD player...

There is one thing that's weirding me out. When I play a DVD in MP (not Fullscreen) - The nVidia logo appears in the Taskbar. This does NOT show when I'm playing Live TV even though it's set to use the nVidia decoder. Does anyone have a cleu as to why this is - Or does MP have a Debug mode where I can see what filters are currently in use..

The problem is, that while DVDs looks pretty fecking awesome - My TV picture has a slight blur to it, like you're watching it through a thin layer of cotton..

maxxxim

Portal Member
    September 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Same settings (and many more) are possible to change with Radlight Filter Manager. Just select from "Directshow Filters" example NVIDIA Audio Decoder or NVIDIA Video Decoder and choose "Property Page".

johncl

Portal Member
    March 24, 2006
    Flerbizky said:
    The problem is, that while DVDs looks pretty fecking awesome - My TV picture has a slight blur to it, like you're watching it through a thin layer of cotton..

I have the exact same problem. DVD playback is very very sharp and smooth with the Nvidia codec, but it doesnt seem to have any effect when viewing live TV. I would have assumed that scaling would be better also with the Nvidia codec, but as you have noticed, the little icon doesnt pop up, indicating that it really isnt used at all.

Also, for hauppauge cards I know there is a free tool online that allows you to adjust some features of the card. From what I saw on the screenshot of the tool, sharpness is one of them as well as some options to reduce blur (my PVR 150 MCE blurs a bit compared to how my Sony LCD tuner renders the signal). Other than that I have a decent picture in MediaPortal with no interlacing problems (which I have problems with in Meedio).

lgoulart

Portal Member
    September 14, 2005
    Brazil
    Hi all,

Stupid question here..... :?

I have a GeForce FX 5500 256mb and I got interested on these registry settings for it. But for these registry entries to work do I need to install the Nvidia PureVideo Decoder or just by installing the drivers I already get these decoders as well?

If I have to install Nvidia PureVideo, I´d like your opinion, is it worth?

Tks in advance, best regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom