reimport of movies with changed nfo files (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 , the above suggests that it is an issue with some file refresh. I trust you know better where to look for the differences between WMC and BV in this respect.
    Skinwise exactly the same code is present. But I just assumed, that the poster grid view was ment. The available information are not enough to say more.

WMC:
    MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2
    BlueVision:
    MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2

@Michael1872 in which view do you where see a "wrong" poster? Please make a screenshot and post here. I've never realized anything problemetic with regard to posters. I assume, that you switched WMC to thumbnail view or similar and therefore see different images.

Michael1872

Portal Member
    December 19, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    bluevision.jpg

This is the BlueVision Theme with the "wrong" cover of Bad Boys (referred to later as Cover A)

wmc.jpg

This is the WMC Theme with the correct cover of Bad Boys (referred to later as Cover B)

filmfolder.jpg

This is the content of the folder for Bad Boys.

Here is what I have done prior to posting:
    1. Imported the movie with a poster.jpg that showed Cover A
    2. Discovered my error and changed the poster.jpg from Cover A to Cover B
    3. Moved the movie folder for Bad Boys outside the share
    4. Reimport in MP2
    5. Moved the movie folder for Bad Boys back inside the share
    6. Reimport in MP2

I then manually deleted a jpg with the name 512x512_66c4f422 from the folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Thumbs\FanArt".
    The jpg showed Cover A.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, so you see the problem in the cover flow view. I compared the code pieces for WMC and BV skin and also here they are exactly the same.
    It's really strange, that the skins show different poster :confused:
    • Just to be very sure, are you really running MP2 in version 2.2?
    • Do you also see different poster in grid view and list view (medium or large)?

Michael1872

Portal Member
    December 19, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP2 Version is 2.2.1811.11777

I tried the other views in BV Skin and the problem only occures in cover flow and grid view.
    All list views show the correct picture (Cover B)

Tried the other views in WMC Skin also. Here every view shows the correct picture.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP2 Version is 2.2.1811.11777

I tried the other views in BV Skin and the problem only occures in cover flow and grid view.
    All list views show the correct picture (Cover B)

Tried the other views in WMC Skin also. Here every view shows the correct picture.
    The code is exactly the same. To be sure I als looked into the code pieces of original 2.2 build, as I'm working alreay with newer builds.
    I have no idea how the difference can happen. I think only a Dev might fingure this out by debugging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom