Reinstall Windows. Can mediaportal data be transferred (1 Viewer)

hunted22

Portal Member
August 5, 2010
Hello all..

I'd like to reinstall windows, but I dont wanna lose my mediaportal data, and have to rescan my media library and download covers and backdrops all over again. Can this be done somehow?

The last time I install window, I remember using a plugin that supposedly store all data and would install it back on the new mediaportal installation, but after using it, I discovered that it didn't transfer images to the new mediaportal installation , and mediaportal had to redownload them again. it took ages.

thanks in advance.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You can also just manually backup the old directories, install the same version of MP + all the desired extensions then overwrite the installed files with your backups.

\Program Files\Team MP\
    \Program Data\Team MP\

hunted22

Portal Member
    August 5, 2010
    Thank you guys for your input..
    Backup Settings plugin s actually what I used the last time I reinstalled windows.. it was v1.2.0.3 of the plugin. but I was not satisfied since it had to redownload images which lead to many duplicated backdrops and covers.

I guess I'll try this version and hope for the best.. hopefully the developer took care of that glitch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom