1.31.0 Reinstalled MP and now cannot get Fanarthandler to work correctly due to missing "externally managed" TV Series files. (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler depends on another program to populate this directory: "c$\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Fan Art".

That directory does not exist on the computer I'm trying to fix. I assume that MP-TVSeries would be responsible for populating that directory but, despite having it configured exactly the same way as the working computer, there is still nothing in that directory.

The skin "StreamedMP" apparently relies on Fanarthandler to provide it with TV and Movie artwork locations. So for now, the Movie page has great artwork and recently added Movies. The TV Series page is basically just black. I'll post a screenshot of that. Anyway, if someone could set me straight on what I have missed, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT 11/12/23: copying the fan art directory from another machine fixed the latest media problem but I don't think it's updating properly. I think I'm just going to do a clean install and be done with it.

Attachments

• 17-27-44sm.png
      17-27-44sm.png
      396.8 KB
    • 17-27-37sm.png
      17-27-37sm.png
      37.4 KB
    Last edited:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom