[solved] Release date and date added errors on import from MyVideos (1 Viewer)

GaryMartynUK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2012
    Portsmouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've recently pulled all my movies into MovingPictures and I set the highest priority import source to the MyVideos importer. It has correctly imported the 'date added' from the MyVideos NFO files (thus retaining the added order which is important as I like to view recently added films often), which is excellent.
    It has also pulled in the films release year correctly. However it has set the films release date as the date the import was run rather than the IMDB release year.

Does anyone know how to reset just the release dates to those from IMDB?

As an example I have 'The Core' which has correctly pulled in the 'release year' as 2003, and an added date of 17/10/14 (which I assume it has pulled from the date of the NFO file as it is not a contained field) however it has set the films release date to 27/10/14 which is when I added it into Moving Pictures.
    I understand this would not come from MyVideos as it does not store this information in the NFO, but can I now make MovingPictures overwrite just the release dates with one of the other importers? As having the Moving Pictures import date in the release date field is not very useful.

Edit : OK Please ignore, this turned out to be blindingly obvious to fix.
    1. Back-up the database just in case
    2. Select all movies
    3. Update from IMDB in the movie list view of Moving Picture configuration.
    4. Wait quite a while as it downloads the movie info for all movies from IMDB (which is where MyVideos got it from so nothing other than Release date changes)
    5. Enjoy movie dates making sense again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom