[Release] mp-transmission - A Transmission Torrent Plugin (2 Viewers)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have now released this plugin on the official Mediaportal extension page here:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/other/mp-transmission?lang=en

You can still find latest code as well as the mpe1 install file over on the Google code page too.

FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

UPDATE 19/04/12: v0.20 is now available, there should be no bugs left :) I just need to add the searching and add torrent now.

Older Posts:
=============================================

Hi All,

I am currently starting work on a Transmission torrent plugin for Mediaportal and I wanted to know if anyone else has begun work on anything like this or if anyone is even interested in the plugin!

I am a bit of a newbie to creating a plugin and its been a while since I did any coding :)

Anyway I will update this thread with the details, but at the moment it is way too early to release anything :) The first release will include the ability to see your torrent progress and start/stop/remove/pause them. I will work on more advanced features after that.

:D

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Mytorrents 0.96.6 is working really great.. It's still in progress, but It's allready working very good with by example utorrent.. If you have troubles with configure this plugin, ask it in the topic.. the developer or I will help you with it! :)

wollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    I don't think any of the other plugins support transmission. I use transmission and would therefore really like a plugin to do as you've said. On screen notifications for completed torrents would be a great idea too. Thanks for your efforts.

Bill

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    A small update: I have got my configuration interface working quite well and got it to save details etc. on "OK". Now I just need to do the hard part, the transmission-daemon interface :)

I have been looking at the C# code at the following google page:

transmission-remote-dotnet - A µTorrent like Windows remote control for the Transmission BitTorrent client (transmission-daemon) - Google Project Hosting

This is a windows application that does what I want to do in mediaportal and a whole lot more. I am trying to figure out how on earth it even generates a connection to the deamon, and the code is so complex its hard to even find where this actually happens.

I am looking to implement a "test settings" button in the plugin configuration to connect using the entered details and then simply return either an error, or a success message with the currently running transmission version number detected.

Can anyone help me in pointing me to the parts of code that generate the connection? I am just looking for pointers so that I can figure out the rest on my own :) I am very new to all of this!

:D

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    It's a bit painful but you can do step-by-step debugging of transmission-remote-dotnet to understand how it works.
    BTW, why don't you add new transmission backend to existing MyTorrents plugin instead of writing completely new app?

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    A good idea actually, did not think of that, thanks :)

As for writing a back end for my-torrents, I will be happy to share with them when I am done, but I really wanted to have a go at doing it myself first, its a good experience :)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    I am gonna need a hand with this ... I did a debug of the web gui one but it was still too much over my head. Tried mailing the developer too. Anyone got some pointers on this?

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom