[Release] mp-transmission - A Transmission Torrent Plugin (2 Viewers)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I am looking through the source here: transmission-remote-dotnet - A µTorrent like Windows remote control for the Transmission BitTorrent client (transmission-daemon) - Google Project Hosting

I am trying to find out how to create a connection to a transmission-daemon and then simply request a bit of detail (server version for example).
    ok, i did a debug.
    Connect method is here MainWindow.cs - transmission-remote-dotnet - A µTorrent like Windows remote control for the Transmission BitTorrent client (transmission-daemon) - Google Project Hosting

request details:
    url - http://host:9091/transmission/rpc
    http methos - POST
    post data like this - {"tag":0,"method":"session-get","arguments":{}} - it's a json object
    X-Transmission-Session-Id: value taken from first request headers and then using as authentification
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch
    request credentials of type System.Net.NetworkCredential are filled with login/password infformation.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help. SO I messed around and added a whole bunch of stuff from the transmission-remote-gui files (most I am sure I do not need) and altered names etc where needed to get it to compile.

I now have it saying "Invalid RPC address" when I press the test button in MP Config for the plugin.

I am guessing because I need to somehow alter the address to be in RPC format made from the hostname etc.

Any ideas?

P.S I commited my latest changes to googlecode. Would really appreciate any help! :)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Hi all, so I have been working on this a bit more recently and I have finally made some decent progress with the excellent help of the owner of the "Jayrock" library for C#.

I now have working communication to the RPC server within transmission and I can query speeds, file names, seeds, leechers etc all fine :)

As I did all of this initially in console, I have begun moving it to an assembly library for MP to use and begun the skinning. Yesterday i finally managed to get it to show within MP the number of files downloading and the up/down speeds (the rest are coming, just taking time to code as I have never written in C# let alone do an XML!).

I would like some people to try this "super ALPHA" version soon, just to verify it works on different setups and transmission builds etc. At the moment it does NOT support authentication on the transmission server (although the plugin configuration does support saving and encrypting this detail), this will come at a later stage. So if you use authentication, you will have to disable it temporarily for testing.

I will get the DLL and XML files up this evening I hope, after a few more tweaks ... but when it is up do not expect too much as this is probably the least efficient code written by man, and only has error handling within the configuration of the plugin, once we get to mediaportal it has no error handling ... watch this space.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Ok, here it is, please read the readme and feedback all you can. Please be aware this has MINIMAL functionality as it stands and basically is a test to make sure it actually shows the right data!

I have cobbled together a StreamedMP skin file (as thats what I use), it may work with other skins, but I don't know!

Let me know what you think! (I am proud of it so far (y))

Edit - 23/02/12 - Small mistake in Readme.txt corrected

Edit - 25/02/12 - Removed download, please get the latest on the project page here: http://code.google.com/p/mp-transmission/

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Hi. I will try it when you add authorization. I could only connect to remote (not mine) transmission so anonymous access is not available for me.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    Adding some screenshots :)

23-10-18.png
    1.PNG
    2.PNG

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    For those who have downloaded this, any feedback? :) THANKS!

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I'm trying to understand where I have to put
    wc.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("login", "password");
    to support authentification :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom