[Release] mp-transmission - A Transmission Torrent Plugin (1 Viewer)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there, sorry you are having issues. I am running 1.2.3 with no issues, so there must be something going wrong here. The first thing that springs to mind is that perhaps not all of the DLL files got added to the plugin directory (as you have it installed to D:/).

Can you check to make sure that Jayrock.Json.dll and Jayrock.dll are present in plugins/windows directory where the main mptransmission.dll is located?

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there, sorry you are having issues. I am running 1.2.3 with no issues, so there must be something going wrong here. The first thing that springs to mind is that perhaps not all of the DLL files got added to the plugin directory (as you have it installed to D:/).

Can you check to make sure that Jayrock.Json.dll and Jayrock.dll are present in plugins/windows directory where the main mptransmission.dll is located?

Hi there:

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have checked the plugins/windows directory and I do have all 3 DLL files - mptransmission.dll, Jayrock.dll and also Jayrock.Json.dll.

One points though is that I am running Windows XP SP3 - do you know whether your plugin will work on an XP system..?

Thanks again.

Cheers.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
That is a good question :)

I have only tested on Win7 machines, I don't actually have any XP machines I can try it on ... Do you have a win7 machine you can try? I will ask in the Jayrock forums about XP compatibility issues as the error you are seeing is related to that library.

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for your note. The only other "Windows" machine that I have at home is an Apple iMac running W7 via bootcamp. I will need to have Mediaportal installed there to try it out.

I will try and find some time and give it a go there, and let you know how it goes when I have a chance to try it. In the meantime, do let me know if you find anything from the Jayrock forums.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
Thanks for your note. The only other "Windows" machine that I have at home is an Apple iMac running W7 via bootcamp. I will need to have Mediaportal installed there to try it out.

I will try and find some time and give it a go there, and let you know how it goes when I have a chance to try it. In the meantime, do let me know if you find anything from the Jayrock forums.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Thanks, I would be interested to know the outcome of your tests. I will let you know what I find, is there any chance you could post a screenshot of the error? Thanks.

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sure. Attached please find the screenshot of the error as requested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-26 at 01.40.22 .png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-26 at 01.40.22 .png
    93.3 KB

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
Thanks for posting the screenshot. I was thinking again about this, do you know what version of .NET you have installed? I have a funny feeling that the JayRock library requires 4.0 ...

Last edited:

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
That is a good question :)

I have only tested on Win7 machines, I don't actually have any XP machines I can try it on ... Do you have a win7 machine you can try? I will ask in the Jayrock forums about XP compatibility issues as the error you are seeing is related to that library.

OK, I maanged to find sometime and quickly and briefly tested MP-Transmission on my W7 machine, running MP 1.2.2. And it seemed to work - at least I get a "Test Result success" and none of the error messages that I am seeing as on my main HTPC running WinXP SP3. So, it does seem to appear that this plugin will not work on XP SP3...?

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
OK, I maanged to find sometime and quickly and briefly tested MP-Transmission on my W7 machine, running MP 1.2.2. And it seemed to work - at least I get a "Test Result success" and none of the error messages that I am seeing as on my main HTPC running WinXP SP3. So, it does seem to appear that this plugin will not work on XP SP3...?

OK, that's good news at least, so we now know it is not related to .NET version but something else within XP. I have enquired with the developer of JayRock to see what he thinks, all I can say is sorry its not working, and I will ensure it gets resolved :)

Thanks for reporting the issue, it would be great if you could raise it as a problem on Googlecode if you have time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom