Remote compatible with Mediaportal!?? (1 Viewer)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey i have been using Mediaportal for a while, but navigating with my keyboard and mouse!

Now i wan't a remote for my PC...

I have been looking for the Microsoft MCE Remote... But it seems like no retailers here in Denmark has it in stock anymore!! :( So what can i do, is it not in production anymore?

Maybe i can find it on ebay or qxl or something....

Are there any other remote controls which are going to work with Mediaportal!? (I'm missing both the remote control and the IR-Reciever!)

PS: Right now i have a Logitech Harmony One... Which is great.... So i figured i wanna buy the Microsoft MCE Remote and IR-Reciever and use the Logitech HArmony one to communicate with the IR-Reciever supplied with the Microsoft MCE Remote...

warney

Portal Member
March 21, 2009
Home Country
Get a mce remote from ebay, i've had several remotes and have all the problems of mapping etc, got a mce remote the other day and just checked the box in the mediaportal configurations settings for mce remote & bingo it works beautifully!!

flixxx

Portal Pro
December 7, 2007

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You really can't beat an actual MCE remote.

Not only are they completely compatible, they are also damned good remotes. Very well put together and comfortable to hold.

ajc122

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Hi Warney - I am also in Australia and need to buy an MCE compatible remote (just for the receiver) to use with my Harmony 525. Would you be able to share with MCE remote you bought? I see a number of ebay claiming to be compatible but I'm not sure if they'll work with MediaPortal.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom