Remote conflict (1 Viewer)

sapateira

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
Hello everyone,
I was about to buy a FireDTV-C, when i bumped into some posts in FireDTV forum, where customers refer their problems about the fireDTV remote.
It seams that the fireDTV remote interacts with some televisions (mine's a LG - one of those refered in the posts).
Well... my question is: When i'm using Media Portal, how will i controll the fireDTV?
I'm using a MCE2005 remote with Media Portal. Will i change channels with the MCE2005 remote or will i use the fireDTV remote???

My best regards,
Ricardo Mendes

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    sapateira said:
    Hello everyone,
    I was about to buy a FireDTV-C, when i bumped into some posts in FireDTV forum, where customers refer their problems about the fireDTV remote.
    It seams that the fireDTV remote interacts with some televisions (mine's a LG - one of those refered in the posts).
    Well... my question is: When i'm using Media Portal, how will i controll the fireDTV?
    I'm using a MCE2005 remote with Media Portal. Will i change channels with the MCE2005 remote or will i use the fireDTV remote???

My best regards,
    Ricardo Mendes

You can use the MCE2005 remote for every control function in MP. I have the same setup with a FireDTV and MCE2005 remote. I haven't experienced what you mention but I find the fireDTV remote one of the ugliest I've seen and quickly put it in the back of a drawer. Haven't picked it up since.

Go ahead with your purchase. FireDTV is an excellent DVB tuner! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep i agree with Raven if the fire remote is unintentionally affecting the TV use the MCE remote.
    Sorry Raven started to write full answer and saw your reply on refresh

:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom