[confirm] Remote control partly not working (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After a clean install of 1.2.0 Beta I am experiencing a strange behavior.

1. Start PC, MediaPortal comes up - everything is fine.
    2. Stop MediaPortal and open Configuration to do some adjustments.
    3. Close Configuration and restart MediaPortal.
    The remote may then be partially non-functional. While the MP-mapped keys are all ok, the "Windows"-keys (OK, arrows and numbers) all of a sudden are no longer reactive. Initially I thought that this was due to Imon having for some reason lost its mappings, however, closing and relaunching Imon has no effect. Closing and relaunching MediaPortal doesn't cure the issue either and a reset of the PC is needed to restore full functionality.

Checking within Imon shows that the keys are no longer recognized. Hence it appears to be an issue at some lower level of the Imon hardware/software. You wouldn't think that this could be in any way related to MP, however, the issue didn't occur before installing 1.2.0 B and seems to be linked to calling up the MP configuration-

I remember having seen errors and will post the file when I am back home.

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    awaiting logs.....

can you confirm though that the iMon software is not recognising key presses? if that is the case this is outside of the control of MP

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Remote control partly not working

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reaction!
    awaiting logs.....
    Unfortunately due to yesterday's frequent resets there is no error.log left that would show the error.

can you confirm though that the iMon software is not recognising key presses? if that is the case this is outside of the control of MP
    Indeed, the problem would not be directly related to MP.

The good - or bad - news is that today I have not been able to reproduce the phenomenon. Everything is functioning as expected. I will observe the situation and report back at this place if the effect shows up again.

Cheers, HTPC_Sourcer

ROLA

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've discovered the same issue. The remote does not work after 8h of running..

I'll try to save the logs..

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

today I have not been able to reproduce the phenomenon.
    OK, entering configuration a couple of times brought the issue back. I can now confirm that when it occurs
    a) Imon is not recognizing unknown IR codes
    b) MP is not recording errors in the log (no surprise when looking at a)
    c) All non-Windows keys still work under MP

It is interesting that the USB disconnect sound can be heard each time (!) the configuration screen is coming up. Hence some USB device is deactivated when the MP configuration software initializes. I don't know the code but assume that for some reason the Imon VFD (which is connected via USB) is deactivated and then reactivated during the process when pressing OK. However, there is no USB reconnect sound.

I agree and yet don't agree that this no MP problem. The issue is clearly related to entering and leaving the configuration screen. The problem did not exist in 1.2.0 Alpha and must therefore have been introduced somewhere en route between Alpha and Beta.

Now it is not critical. One doesn't need the config screen every hour and reboot is always an option after occasional configuration adjustments.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

After having chatted with jameson_uk:

May I please ask who marked this thread as "No Bug" ?

ROLA

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The only respone I get by the remote, is the power-button.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: Re: Remote control partly not working

May I please ask who marked this thread as "No Bug" ?

It wasn't me, but I agree that this might be something for us to take a look at. Changed it to confirm.
    Does the issue occur if you disable minidisplay plugin?

ROLA

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Provide my logs.
    Unresponsive remote (after a while).

Dundermiflin

May 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After a clean install of 1.2.0 Beta I am experiencing a strange behavior.

1. Start PC, MediaPortal comes up - everything is fine.
    2. Stop MediaPortal and open Configuration to do some adjustments.
    3. Close Configuration and restart MediaPortal.
    The remote may then be partially non-functional. While the MP-mapped keys are all ok, the "Windows"-keys (OK, arrows and numbers) all of a sudden are no longer reactive. Initially I thought that this was due to Imon having for some reason lost its mappings, however, closing and relaunching Imon has no effect. Closing and relaunching MediaPortal doesn't cure the issue either and a reset of the PC is needed to restore full functionality.

Checking within Imon shows that the keys are no longer recognized. Hence it appears to be an issue at some lower level of the Imon hardware/software. You wouldn't think that this could be in any way related to MP, however, the issue didn't occur before installing 1.2.0 B and seems to be linked to calling up the MP configuration-

I remember having seen errors and will post the file when I am back home.

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

I'm in the SAME situation.

No STOP, no PAUSE.....nothing.....
    I just can open, close mediaportal and navigate on my folders, and select the file I want to play, but then I can't stop, or pause.....nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom