Remote Control question (1 Viewer)

davejp

Portal Member
October 7, 2005
Hi, I'm using the Windows Media Center remote with Media Portal and it works very will indeed. The problem I have is that I have elected to use an external program to play back My Movies. When I launch that program (VLC or WinDVD) the remote, of course, no longer functions. This means I can't even get back to MP!

Has anyone solved this problem, hopefully with Freeware or cheap shareware?

Thanks

Dave

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    HIP is probably the best way to do this.

It's kind of like a much more powerful (and simpler) version of Girder and it's free too.
    From memory the web site is www.byremote.com. it has a function especially for the MCE remote which al;so adds more features and makes it configurable.

You can tell it to send commands to certain programs, even if they don't have focus so it should be what you are looking for.

Good luck :)

davejp

Portal Member
    October 7, 2005
    Marcusb said:
    HIP is probably the best way to do this.

It's kind of like a much more powerful (and simpler) version of Girder and it's free too.
    From memory the web site is www.byremote.com. it has a function especially for the MCE remote which al;so adds more features and makes it configurable.

You can tell it to send commands to certain programs, even if they don't have focus so it should be what you are looking for.

Good luck :)

Thanks for that. A it of Googling soon found it: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom