remote control stops when iso launches (1 Viewer)

sidious

Portal Member
February 26, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK this is my first post so be gentle.

Ive been setting up media portal for days now and i pretty much got everything i want to work. my one problem is when MP starts an iso via TMT6 i loose all control of the remote. The remote works fine in MP but as soon as iso loads nothing. If i use TMT6 without mp this does not happen.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

sidious

Portal Member
February 26, 2013
Home Country
Ok its been a few days and i thought id give an update. i tried installing MP 1.3 but it didnt help. so i tried wiping and fresh installing to 1.2.3 but that didnt help either. i can get evrything to run smooth as you like but when im in that bluray menu no remote functions work.i even bought a windows remote but it didnt help either. im literally going to give up. sell the htpc and go back to my media center i think. the only reason i wanted a htpc was so it would play everthing. im so depressed.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

“a few days“? Just two I would say and the lack of any tangible information doesn't invite people to help.

Anyway, you may want to give us some more information about your system. What kind or receiver software are you using, what remote? Please complete the sys specs in your profile.

Regards,
    HTPC-Sourcer[DOUBLEPOST=1362229696][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi,

“a few days“? Just two I would say and the lack of any tangible information doesn't invite people to help.

Anyway, you may want to give us some more information about your system. What kind or receiver software are you using, what remote? Please complete the sys specs in your profile.

Regards,
    HTPC-Sourcer

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It may be a simple thing such as MP keeping the focus. Have you tested if you can control TMT with a keyboard? What happens if the focus is set to TMT by using the keyboard and then the remote?

sidious

Portal Member
    February 26, 2013
    Home Country
    For starters I have updated my specs for your perusal.

The focus cannot be changed using the keyboard plus i want a system that does not need a keyboard.

What your saying about MP keeping the focus sounds about right, because when the iso loads and i get to the menu screen i can press the up and down buttons and hear MP clicking in the background. also if i press the close button on my remote MP closes in the background and i get controll of TMT6 again. but obviously this is no good because i want to stay in MP pretty much permanently thats the point of having it. How would i go about making sure TMT6 has the focus when it loads.

thanks for you help.

Last edited:

sidious

Portal Member
    February 26, 2013
    Home Country
    Thank you so much. cant believe it was something so simple. you are the man.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're welcome.

However, if it's just for playing iso files you may consider using a virtual drive software that mounts the iso file as a virtual drive. MP can play these out of the box. If you want to play BlueRay discs, MP can also handle them but would require some auxiliary software for on the fly decryption.

sidious

Portal Member
    February 26, 2013
    Home Country
    im already using demon for iso files it automatically mounts and then plays. bluray disks are my next mission. ive read a little and understand that it needs a program to decrypt it before it plays. any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom